Author Topic: 20 words or less.  (Read 13926 times)

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #45 on: December 10, 2009, 10:35:02 pm
RE Tubes also:

When I was in the Navy I worked on big tubed transmitters and an old 1950s vintage r1051 receiver.  That thing had chains in the tuning system....   Tubes are pretty cool but the voltages to run em, not so much...
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

gREgVW

• Scooter
  • '02 Classic Enfield Grin
Reply #46 on: December 10, 2009, 11:11:09 pm
FWIW I love my '06 Triumph T100 Bonneville. I know it just retro but it has such a great look, it's a STANDARD motorcycle (which no one rally makes other than RE) and is a metal motorcycle and it has turned heads almost as much as my RE. I love the sitting position much like the RE and I can get my leg over the bike which many bike I can't being only 5'5" and 30.5" inseam. I know it a little heavy but when you're riding you don't notice it. Yes it priced high too but.... I had the air induction removed, removed the snorkel, added a K&N filter, Triumph "off road" silencers, jetting and dyno'ed and it just runs perfect and sounds great too. It;s a perfect match with my '04 RE IMHO. I've attached a picture and the dyno charts, what an improvement in the overall ridability.
Previously owned: '02 500es 4spd Black Classic, too many to list mostly dirt bikes from '69 to now
Currently own: '04 500es 4spd Green Classic Iron Barrel,
'06 Bonneville, '96 XR250R, '09 KLX250S

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #47 on: December 10, 2009, 11:32:00 pm
FWIW I love my '06 Triumph T100 Bonneville. I know it just retro but it has such a great look, it's a STANDARD motorcycle (which no one rally makes other than RE) and is a metal motorcycle and it has turned heads almost as much as my RE. I love the sitting position much like the RE and I can get my leg over the bike which many bike I can't being only 5'5" and 30.5" inseam. I know it a little heavy but when you're riding you don't notice it. Yes it priced high too but.... I had the air induction removed, removed the snorkel, added a K&N filter, Triumph "off road" silencers, jetting and dyno'ed and it just runs perfect and sounds great too. It;s a perfect match with my '04 RE IMHO. I've attached a picture and the dyno charts, what an improvement in the overall ridability.

The Hinckley Bonnevilles with the normal sized wire wheels are the best of them.
I like them for a retro bike.
I don't like the new ones with the cast 17" wheels, and the silly looking brake disc.
Home of the Fireball 535 !