Author Topic: Not an Enfield  (Read 2786 times)

exiledcarper

• Bulleteer
on: December 09, 2009, 12:17:30 am
Well, I finally took the plunge.  After  much deliuberation and soul searching I finally got my bike.  In the end RE didn't win the day, but it was a tough choice.  If there had been a dealer closer and the prices weren't so high, it could have gone the other way.
  here's my new ride, the only one at the dealer that I instantly fell in love with.

have I joined the Dark Side??? time will tell but I love my new baby.  I'll still be looking in, as I think there's a lot of great guys on here plus some sometimes very entertaining  controversy too.  Sorry if I stirred the pot a bit much time to time.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 12:44:47 am
Nice ride! I'm guessing that it was more than a bit more expensive than an Enfield, tho ... unless the Harley-Davis boys are down on bended knee ..... it could have been the bargain of the century! Congrats .... !
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Slider

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 03:10:45 am
If there had been a dealer closer and the prices weren't so high...

Your Harley was cheaper than a Bullet?

I must retreat to my place of Zen and meditate on this.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 03:27:08 am
Looks like a 100th Anniversary Softail.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 03:42:29 am
When I was a kid ,the Harley guys were bike enthusiast. They liked  mini bikes to Honzaas. It didn't matter, they liked other bikers.(at lest in my area)
That's changed, due to marketing strategy, but Exiledcarper your smarter then that.

Congrats on your new motorcycle purchase!
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

exiledcarper

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 06:27:48 am

Your Harley was cheaper than a Bullet?

No, not cheaper than a Bullet, but I did get a great deal.  She's a 2003 iooYear Anniversary Edition Softail Deuce, with 9000 miles under her belt.  Condition, well most people so far thought she was brand new.  Rides like a dream, a tad loud though ;D.
  I won't be one of those "bad ass bikers" who look down on everyone else, I just really liked this bike.
  Who knows, maybe I will add a Bullet to the stable one day.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 01:29:20 pm
No, not cheaper than a Bullet, but I did get a great deal.  She's a 2003 iooYear Anniversary Edition Softail Deuce, with 9000 miles under her belt.  Condition, well most people so far thought she was brand new.  Rides like a dream, a tad loud though ;D.
  I won't be one of those "bad ass bikers" who look down on everyone else, I just really liked this bike.
  Who knows, maybe I will add a Bullet to the stable one day.

It's a fine looking bike. An excellent example of the chopper-esque Harley genre.
Sometimes ya just gotta scratch that itch.

BTW, what's that extra cylinder on there for? :D
Home of the Fireball 535 !

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 10:47:48 pm
Laughing gas maybe. That would give it more punch.    ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.