Author Topic: Is a 109 mph speeding ticket a automatic arrest for the rest of us  (Read 4839 times)

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Wife and I was discussing Adrian petersons 109 mph ticket for speeding...I told her that regardless of what state u lived in i would assume that getting pulled over for driving 109 mph would be considered reckless driving and a immediate arrest..I guess I was wrong as officer gave Adrian a ticket and summons to court and told him good luck in the game this weekend...As much as I like watching favre and Adrian play I'm a bit pissed that none of us would get a break like that...
Oh Magoo you done it again

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
  Guess it's on the same plane as elected officoals getting away with multiple DUI's w/o great punishment.  Was funny a couple of years ago when our state attorney general got one and after a formal apology (whoppee) the charges were pretty much forgotten.

Grandpa used to say life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.  Will.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

Geirskogul

• Grand Gearhead
  • The world isn't beautiful, therefore it is.
WOuld be just a ticket in California.
All hail Sir Lucas, Prince of Darkness.

When an idiot thinks it's the same as not thinking at all!

jdrouin

• Grand Gearhead
When I was in driver's ed in CT, just over half my life ago, I believe they told us getting caught speeding at 95mph or above was a felony that would result in an automatic revocation of your license, and/or an arrest, and a mandatory court appearance. At that time, though, I was a bit more focused on the hot fudge sundae I had gotten during the break or that cute girl sitting in front of me, so the memory could be inaccurate.

If 109 in California would just get you a ticket, then it must be different from state to state.

Jeff

Chasfield

• Grand Gearhead
In the UK there was a guy who gave his 14 year old son a 122 mph lift home from his mum's house. Never mind a ticket, he got six months hard time for this first offence.

You would have to say that he was being reckless with the lad's safety. But there have been plenty of car drivers who have actually crashed at similar speeds and got away with a fine and a lost license. Without doubt, anti-motorcycle prejudice magnified that rider's penalty.

I believe that a complete stranger was so outraged by the relative injustice of the situation that he stepped in to pay the guy's mortgage while he was locked up.

2001 500 Bullet Deluxe

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
  Actually here in Wisconsin anything 20 mph over the limit is supposed to be an automatic suspension and free trip to see the judge.  Called felony speeding here.  Of course this may have changed..haven't driven more than 5 mph over the limit in years.  Will.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
okay, when i hear about a motorcyclist driving near these speeds ii always appear that they are arrested and the bike impounded for a short while they go through the justice of the peace procedure, bail, etc...luckly we be hard pressed to be caught going 109 mph but ace is working on that for us...I should have practiced more catching a football...cheers.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
I got caught on radar in the old venerable 510 Datsun making 118 one night. That should have been an automatic reckless driving, six points on the license and a BIG fine in WV. I went before the judge and he looked at the ticket and then asked the arresting officerif he wanted to add the reckless driving charge to the ticket. The officer replied "No, sir - he was just driving fast ....." Dodged the bullet (pun intended!) on that one. I went back to the M20 for the daily driver to slow me down a bit. These days, seeing 70mph on the old Bullet is pretty heady!! Hahahaha!!  ::)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
118 on a datsun 510, was their anything left....wasn't that a 4 cylinder....where u trying to blow the engine or just seeing what she had...so u proved that the average folk sometimes gets a break too....will let it rest..thanks for the comeback..

single

• Grand Gearhead
Here in Mo,zero tolerance.One mile an hour over the limit is not tolerated.So they say.I don't test it.I DEtest it,but accept it.Get passed constantly.I am from someplace else,locals must know something I don't.Probly,lots.Locals mite be related to those in law "enforcement".Probly are.Everybody out here is some kinda relation to everybody else,or think they mite be.That is why I will always be a new guy here.Except that there are folks here with the same surname,spelled different.So they ask me" is that 1 L or 2"?Probly what the cop would ask me,while writing the citation.

wildmanmoore

• Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Brawl
  • Scooter
Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 02:11:06 am
1982 I got caught / timed by an airplane while going down the interstate.  I 84 out of Evanston WY into UT.  Patrol had a welcoming group waiting at the tourist stop.  I was working for a drilling contractor as their “safety” guy.  We had a new hand get tangled up with some heavy drilling equipment and it broke his arm.  I was transporting him to Salt Lake City as I could get him there over an hour quicker than if we waited on an ambulance.  I knew I was in for some trouble as a whole bunch of them had their weapons drawn and pointing right at me.  Once they got a good look at the fellows arm they lowered their weapons and began chewing me out all the while telling me to hurry and get him to the hospital.  They wrote the ticket for “excess of 90 mph” then let us go.  Had to show up the next week in court.  Was prepared to spend some time in the county jail. Turns out the injured fellows uncle was the JP.  $100.00 cash and I was free to go.  Never did show up on my record…  8)
Yamaha TD 2
Honda ST 1100
Honda NH 125
Honda Spree

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 03:08:39 am
118 on a datsun 510, was their anything left....wasn't that a 4 cylinder....where u trying to blow the engine or just seeing what she had...so u proved that the average folk sometimes gets a break too....will let it rest..thanks for the comeback..

The old 510 was a little more than lukewarm ..... it was 1600 rompin' stompin' cc's that had the NISMO FIA sedan head with 50mm Solex carbs, L-9 cam, Carillo rods, Venolia pistons, mid-close Roadster 5-speed - and she'd twist the tach needle to 8500rpm's and she dyno'd out at about 160 REAL horsepower. I probably funded the development of Nissan Motorsports in this country! Hahahaha!! BTW - a WELL-tuned stocky-stock would show you about 102 on flat ground with a bit of a wind up ......  ;D
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!