Author Topic: So what's the best single modification you/others have made to your Bullet?  (Read 12792 times)

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
A general question!
We all seem to 'customise' our Bullets either for increased reliability reasons, the basic looks or any number of other reasons.
What is the best single mod you have on your Bullet (and what year/model Classic is it)?

LSM
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Larger front sprocket.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

sewerman

• Scooter
 I have an 04.  First thing I did was ditch the air filter and the stock pipe.  Worked wonders.  Removed the primitive pollution hoses, don't forget to plug the small tube in th intake manifold.  I used the classic head pipe from the catalog and a small staight thru megaphone from J.C. Whitney.  A little loud but better.  I also milled the head and did a port/polish job.  Replace the tires with the Avons.  They are all good first timers if you are just picking one. 

mbevo1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Mike and Stumpy
Fixed the catch-can system on my '07 Classic.  Blocked the return line to the timing case and reversed the breather line from the crankcase. Removes the abrupt bend in the breather line and solved the clogging of the breather system from condensation in the lines. Greatly reduced oil consumption from the loss of negetive crankcase pressure.

Removed the PAV system, too... a close "second best".

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan
'07 Classic - Stumpy
'10 C5 Military - Sherman

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
From a performance standpoint, the first thing everybody should do is frre up the intake and exhaust. Even if you don't care about extra horsepower, we all want the feel of a happy motor. I used the CMW kit for the Electra. Seems to work good.

Appearence-wise, the best thing I did was to get rid of the stock seat and install the premium delux solo saddle and pad. The difference in looks was tremendous. Comfortable too.

I have also added a larger front cog and windshield.

Since I am the type that can't leave well enough alone, I think I'll get a better clutch, fatter tires, vintage tail light and turn signals... the list goes on.

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
On my '06 Deluxe, I would say the single best modification I have done is switch to a 7" headlight.  Of course the only other change I've made at all is add a rear cargo rack.  Next in line is maybe some engine bars.  I'm not ruling out exhaust changes etc. but I'm also pretty happy with the stock bike.

Eamon
Eamon

Ratty57

• Scooter
My best mod (and my bike is no were near stock) would be, doing the front brake upgrade. I had the hub trued, brake pads relined and then did that very easy little mod to the brake set up system that allows you to adjust each shoe individually.

There's no point in having all the fun hot rod parts if you cant stop the ruddy thing!

Ratty

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Performance kit!

deejay

British exhaust system, hands down best mod so far.

Future mods...
Es to Ks conversion (within a month)
612cc kit (within a year)

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
 ;D

Some of you have an interesting definition of 'Single' (ha ha) but all valuable stuff.
Keep 'em coming!!!!!!!

Ducati 916 'L' twin

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
I guess it would be a toss up between the side stand and the clock.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
Just getting a sidestand so hope it works OK (eBay special direct from India) and have done a clock mod; see tech tips.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 07:52:19 am by LotusSevenMan »

Ducati 916 'L' twin

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
You know, I hope someone who is producing our bikes reads these ideas. It would be nice if they were done, that way we would be free look for more improvements within the Classic designs.  ;)
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

Spitting Bull

• Grand Gearhead
I have made only a few modifications, but the most important one (because it removed the only doubt about my bike's reliability) was to take off the breather-pipe from the crankcase to the catch-can and fit it the other way round.

Tom
One cylinder is enough for anyone.

Foggy_Auggie

• Grand Gearhead
My only mod is the side stand.  And only use it to get off the bike and position myself to lift it onto the centerstand.  Helps a lot in that respect for me.

This Spring I'll go for the small engine bars.

That's it.

Regards, Foggy
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Fortiter Et Fideliter