Author Topic: Just curious?  (Read 3162 times)

Morrissey

• Scooter
on: November 27, 2009, 03:50:06 pm
Hey all.  After pestering Kevin about when RE will come to Canada, I recently heard the news that the G5, C5, G5 Deluxe and G5 Military will be coming my way in the spring.  I am really excited to get a G5 and make it my own. 

I am just wondering how old some of you guys are?  I am not trying to offend, just trying to get an idea of who I'll be chatting with at an RE rally should I buy one.  Is it mostly guys who remember similar bikes from their youth or is it a mixed bag?  I am 28yrs old and find that most modern bikes have no soul.  My Wife says I was born in the wrong decade and I think she's right.  (Don't tell her I said that!)  Most of my motorcycling friends are in the 40's and 50's anyways, but I'm just curious if I'm going to be the young fella every time or will I meet a wide variety of ages in the RE family?

mbevo1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Mike and Stumpy
Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 04:18:20 pm
Lotsa info here...

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,5826.0/topicseen.html

Don't think you're the youngest around, just close...

My Bride gives me grief all the time about my love of vintage stuff.  My response is, new is OK, as long as its OLD...  ;)

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan (56 years of life experience, 16 between the ears)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:22:43 pm by mbevo1 »
'07 Classic - Stumpy
'10 C5 Military - Sherman

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 04:22:57 pm
You'll find a large number of old farts with a healthy spattering of upstarts.

Since you recognized the soul thing I think you'll fit right in here and you'll make the old farts you ride with jealous of your ride.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

Chris-G5

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 08:00:54 pm
I'm 37 and was one of the youngest at the last Rally on the River in Steelville, MO this past September. I think there was one or two guys younger than myself. I am also a kind of old soul and tend to get along better with people older than me.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 12:43:59 am
 My entirely subjective opinion is the majority of "younger" Bullet Riders are busy with with children,work,school, etc. and haven't a lot of time to hang out here and go to rally's and such. Thus giving the impression that our younger brethren are fewer in number than they really are.  Just my opinion for what its worth.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Scott Gilmore

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 03:56:44 am
.... I am just wondering how old some of you guys are? ...
I was born in AD 1954.  I sometimes feel very much BC 1954-ish, but I'm 55, not 3,963 years old.

Really.

Honest.  Would I lie?

oldfart

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 09:46:37 pm
Nope don't think you will be the youngest...want to try my 17 y/o son with a brand new teal C5!  Now that's a kid with an "old soul".  He refused to even consider any other bike.  Now his ole man needs to get one for himself LOL

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 11:12:41 pm
I think that boy may have a good head on his shoulders!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association