Author Topic: When entries reserve?  (Read 2925 times)

donkey

• Scooter
on: November 11, 2007, 10:38:33 am
I think I have an excesice fuel consumption. Well, maybe not and the problem is another. The thing is that the normal fuel on position end at 80 km from full ¡and thank is medium!
There is no vent holes in the lock tank cap or tank itself. Maybe a vacuum?
Another history: yesterday a tunning the carburator mix in low iddle, turning the air screw and throttle screw trying to find a right constant smooth sound. I loose the felliing  ::)and cause (I think so) a too rich mixture, causing blue pipe in the union zone pipe w/ exhuast (explosion gases before exahust exits?). I need some theaching words!

Anyway, and for all those things (the spark is velvet black) maybe I have too a advanced timming? Help!  :o
"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Café Racers." Hunter S. Thompson
-------------------------------
Café Racer CB400SS
Royal Enfield Bullet 500ES
-------------------------------

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 12:47:39 pm
If it were a vacuum problem I don't think switching to reserve would help.  Get the carb sorted then worry about fuel consumption.  Of course you will want to get the timing right first.  I have found this site to be helpful with tuning:  http://www.motorcycleblog.org/bulletblog/afterexhaust.html

I think I have an excesice fuel consumption. Well, maybe not and the problem is another. The thing is that the normal fuel on position end at 80 km from full ¡and thank is medium!
There is no vent holes in the lock tank cap or tank itself. Maybe a vacuum?
Another history: yesterday a tunning the carburator mix in low iddle, turning the air screw and throttle screw trying to find a right constant smooth sound. I loose the felliing  ::)and cause (I think so) a too rich mixture, causing blue pipe in the union zone pipe w/ exhuast (explosion gases before exahust exits?). I need some theaching words!

Anyway, and for all those things (the spark is velvet black) maybe I have too a advanced timming? Help!  :o
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 12:51:27 pm by Leonard »
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 06:18:26 pm
I think you need to vent the tank. next time it sputters flip the cap and see if it changes.
- Mike
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 10:29:28 pm
Hey Donkey, use your spell check man. You are as bad as me......I didn't understand your post.......Dew.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!