Author Topic: Why do women...  (Read 2230 times)

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
on: November 20, 2009, 01:11:26 am
...buy such junk?
     When she came in with a bag from K Mart I knew it was going to be trouble. K Mart is the only place that sells worse junk than Wal Mart. I haven't been in a K Mart in 10 years.
     A christmas pig. Great. "some assembly required". Made in China. This is going to suck.
     The directions were useless. Not that I would have used them anyways. Crude pictures.
     Wires were everywhere. It looked like the inside of an Enfield headlamp. The parts didn't match. The left side of the pigs butt was a half inch wider than the right side. The pegs for the legs had to be bent apart to fit in the holes. Plastic covered holes and had to be cleared away.
     The directions were too simplistic: Take left half of pigs ass, connect to right side, add legs, head and tail, and Ernie's your uncle. Yeah right. I spent more time putting the damn thing together than the chinaman who built it. Somewhere in Bejing, someone is laughing.
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 01:19:18 am
     Just tell her how much you love her. Remember, this woman willingly sleeps with you.

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 03:14:16 am
Have you had to deal with one of those Christmas lighting nets. It's the new millenium Chinese torture devise. By the time you unravel the f*#kin' thing it's about time to pack it away for the year!

I feel your pain BRW!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 04:24:44 am by Blltrdr »
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

vnsfxr

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 06:17:08 am
Thanks for reminding me. It all starts next week for me when the tubs start coming down from the attic.

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 07:16:26 pm
  HA HA HA, thankfully Wifey and I are not as hung up on Christmas.  Arty-ficial tree gets erected the 15th of December, gets chopped down on the 28th.  And I'm green motivated since the tree cost $18 bucks 5 years ago.

My rant is the city/county/state government employees putting up decorations on the clock, budget crisis?  Work on the crap roads?  No, we hang decorations on the light poles.  That makes me feel better after I knock the front end alignment of my car out of whack hitting that 6 foot open fissure pothole.  And I have plenty of Christmas spirit when I hand the mechanic 55 bucks to align it AGAIN. 

My Mom (rest her soul) avoided all the labor of the season and just threw a large bag over her pre-decorated tree.  60 seconds..TADA instant oos' and aahs'.

EOR, Will.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 08:10:09 pm
    My rant is the city/county/state government employees putting up decorations on the clock, budget crisis?  Work on the crap roads?  No, we hang decorations on the light poles.  That makes me feel better after I knock the front end alignment of my car out of whack hitting that 6 foot open fissure pothole.  And I have plenty of Christmas spirit when I hand the mechanic 55 bucks to align it AGAIN. 
   EOR, Will.

My city does the same decorating. But I can truly understand the need. To bring in shoppers during the holidays the city must create a festive atmosphere. No shoppers - no shops - no tax revenue. It is a double edge sword but I have to believe the cost of losing tax revenue out ways the cost of the decorating.

I can sympathize with your frustration over the bad roads also. Is it just your town or is it a county problem? Maybe you need a new mayor or a shake-up of your city council to address this problem. Maybe their way of dealing with the F'd up roads is to mask it with festive the lighting and some holiday music.
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 08:29:21 pm
  In a way you're correct..you have to spend money to make money.  Have to lure in the post-geriatric crowd to spend money freely.  Since they're about the only ones that have unlimited money it seems.

Funny thing is you can just tell where the mayor/lackies live.  The street repair there is much better than around the commoner's residences.  But yes a shake-up is needed.  Will.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.