Author Topic: Royal Enfield coming to Canada (finally)  (Read 3833 times)

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
on: November 17, 2009, 12:23:39 am
Here is a news release from the new Canadian importer. We have been working with these guys for quite a while and I think they are going to be very good. At long last.
See their news release below:

Royal Enfield Motorcycles Now Available In Canada
     ‘Inspired by the past, engineered for the future’

Royal Enfield, the world’s oldest motorcycle company, is coming to Canada in 2010. The legendary Bullet is the longest production run motorcycle ever, continuously produced since 1948. Royal Enfield’s newest lineup includes the Bullet Electra, Bullet Electra Deluxe and Bullet Classic. Although these bikes clearly retain the Royal Enfield fabric with their vintage 50s and 60s styling, they feature modern emissions and safety standards, as well as a renewed reliability and performance. With the accessories available to customize this lineup, Royal Enfield is one of the most versatile and stylish motorcycle companies today.

An automatic decompression system is used to relieve load on the electric starter motor when firing up. The new electronic ignition, automatic primary chain adjuster and hydraulically-adjusted valve lifters are key components to reduced maintenance.

With all the new improvements it was imperative that Royal Enfield retain “the beat”--the distinct sound of a long-stroke Single.  To maintain this ingrained engine characteristic, engineers kept the 90mm stroke and 84 mm bore. At the core, the engine cases are now pressure die cast, leading to a much finer, stronger structure and vastly improved exterior finish over the old gravity-cast version. The iron-lined cylinder is alloy and the head uses modern, wedge-style combustion-chamber design taken from the last “lean-burn” update of the non-unit Enfield engine (Cycle World, March 2009).

Styling and customizing are what make Royal Enfield stand out in the motorcycle industry. The hand-made, all metal body of the Bullet Electra and Deluxe are designed after the world-famous 1955 model, with the Deluxe featuring combination chrome and hand-painted tank with rubber knee pads, and chrome fenders, air box and brake lever.  The Bullet Classic encompasses the simplicity of our earliest 1950s machines.  The Military will also be available for the spring of 2010. Royal Enfield also backs their product with an industry-leading two year, unlimited mileage manufacturer’s warranty. With every model available for under $10,000, it is hard to ignore the Royal Enfield lineup. Whether you are looking for a sidecar, a Cafe Racer kit, or just an old-fashioned solo seat, Royal Enfield motorcycles and accessories present riders the freedom to build a motorcycle unlike any other.   

Bullet Motorcycles Ltd      Edmonton, Alberta      Tel: 780-970-2909

Please visit us at www.enfieldmotorcycles.ca today for Dealer inquiries, updated launch dates and tradeshow appearance details.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 06:59:46 am
Thank You Kevin!!!

That bit of news makes my day.

Hang on to your helmets Canadiens, the fun is about to begin ;D
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 05:20:32 pm
And a simple, neat looking web site to boot... the more the merrier for us Bullet aficionados!!!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

fyr

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 08:19:34 pm
I heard they were coming back via CMG online 2 months ago. Thats good news! Ive been interested in awhile and wrote to R.E. USA years ago to see if there was talk of us getting the brand.
Thanks for posting this Kevin.
I recently sold my last bike to get finances in order to purchase a newer one. Looks like RE is close to the top of the list. It all depends on how good their pricing is and how I feel on it..
Here we go.

fyr

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 09:16:26 pm
By the way
Can you get the C5 with a pillion, and can you attach a sidecar??

Morrissey

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 02:05:44 am
WOO HOO!  I have been emailing Kevin off and on for well over a year now asking when/how can I get one of these bikes in Canada!  Not sure if they'll be bringing the entire line up to Canada or just the EFI models though.  I would really like a lean burn model but would be happy with a G5 if I have to. 

Apparently they will be at the various motorcycle shows this winter which is perfect for me as I will be working for a charity at the December show in Toronto.  Will be checking out their display for sure!

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 05:22:47 am
Only the UCE bikes will be coming to Canada. Yes there is a pillion for the C-5 (they are on the water from the factory) and yes you can attach a sidecar. For now you have to finesse a couple of the mounts.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

fyr

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 10:19:27 pm
Thanks Kevin
I am interested indeed!
How many C5's are there on the road in the States? I am looking for video and reviews online and could only find a few??
Cheers
Glen

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 10:37:57 pm
There are good reviews in Cycle World (twice last year), one in the spring and one late this summer. There is also a review of the UCE in Rider. if you go to their website and search you will probably find something. Not sure how many are out there in the US because dealer sales are a fluid thing.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Hornhonker

• Neophyte
Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 10:09:40 pm