Author Topic: New Moto Guzzi V7 Clubman at EICMA  (Read 4914 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
on: November 15, 2009, 07:17:04 pm
2010 model for the latest incarnation of the retro V7.
I don't really like the number plates, but the rest is pretty nice.
I probably could have lived without the header wrap too. Chrome or black pipes would have been better.
Polished alloy tank.
Arrows exhaust.
Nice seat.
Sporty looking.
48hp with plenty of torque.
It will probably be close to $10k, but no final price set, that I've seen so far.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 07:26:55 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 07:40:40 pm
I would definitely like to have this bike in my garage: www.motoguzzi.it/popup/video.html?/media/v7_classic_cafe.flv The V7 cafe will come to US first with clubman version to follow. Very nice retro version. I'm positive they will sell many of these. http://uk.motoguzzi.it/en_UK/prodotti/naked/v7_cafe_classic/v7_cafe_classic/default.aspx

Nice write-up from Motorcycle Classics: www.motorcycleclassics.com/motorcycle-reviews/2009-moto-guzzi-cafe-classic.aspx

Prices I've seen are about $8600 for cafe and $10,250 for clubman.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 08:45:15 pm by Blltrdr »
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 09:07:25 pm
Oh, my ..... and that lovely neo-classic gold/green colour, too ..... wow! That could be a keeper .....
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 10:11:41 pm
Went down and compared the Sport to the Classic with Bernie in absentia.
I'm afraid MG needs to iron out a couple of niggling details;
The Classic is VERY comfortable >except< there is a fake strap on the seat!  You can't get your hands under it and you can't cut it off- it's sewn on the seat!  What the heck?!  Guess where my butt went to immediately?

The Sport is very nice, except it has clip-ons but the pegs are in the same spot as the Classic.  What the heck again?!  I was cramping up just sitting in the showroom.

Also- a centerstand is optional. 
So close...
Run what ya brung

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 10:58:07 pm
     It was friday morning, the 13th of November. 10:45 am. Despite the chill in the air, i was excited. i was going to meet my bestest new friend, Uncle Ernie. We were going to meet at the Moto Guzzi shop, and check out the V7 cafe.
     I kicked the Ural to life. First kick. The Enfield is asleep for the winter. She settled into a comfortable idle.
     Sweatshirt, check. jacket, check, Gloves, check. Goggles, check. I brought a scarf. Not a long white silk scarf, as I would like, but a shorter plaid scarf, older than my kids. Uncle would be there at 11:30, and I didn't want to disappoint him. It was nippy, but I warmed at the idea of meeting my good riding buddy again.
     I mounted the Russian steed, and engaged reverse, Crunch. The Ural does not have a synchro transmission. I backed out the driveway.
     First stop was the texaco station. They proudly advertise "100% gasoline. No Ethanol", and I treated her to the best. The 45 Russian farmhorses propelled my chariot to a dizzying 50 mph as i headed towards my destination.
     As I traveled through the metropolis, I encountered many waves, and thumbs up. Everyone likes a sidecar.
     When I arrived at the moto guzzi shop, I was alone. Uncle Ernie had not arrived yet. I went in, and looked around. "Have you seen Uncle Ernie yet? I queried".
"Goofy looking guy with an Aprilla"? he responded. I couldn't let him insult my bestest buddy like that and I snarled "that's an Enfield".
  I waited, and waited, and waited. The owner amused me with his vast knowledge of motorcycles, that that helped pass the time. They had a classic cafe on the floor but I didn't check it out, because I was waiting for Uncle Ernie's succinct remarks on the product with his decades of experience.
     I went to the phone book, and while there were a few people with the last name Ernie, none had the first name "Uncle". There's only so much time you can spend in a 20x20 showroom. Saddened, it was time to go. I felt a tear roll down my cheek.
     As i was leaving, I heard the mechanic they call "Oil" ask "why is he crying?"
To which the owner responded "that Uncle Ernie didn't show"
"aye" added the mechanic called "Oil", "he'll do that to you. Always promising to show up and never doing that. A bit unreliable if you ask me".
"and he gives a lousy haircut"
   The Russian Iron carried me home, to my fortress of solitude. Tricked again by Uncle No Show.
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 01:03:28 am
The owner amused you with his vast knowledge of motorcycles... I get it!  "Amused"!   So that means you waited 2 minutes. 

I'm going to write you in as Sarah Palin's vice-presidential candidate.  You both seem capable of squeezing a good story out of your pet turnips.
Run what ya brung

jest2dogs

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 03:50:37 am
I test rode this puppy on 7 Nov in Seattle. Yup, my gut got in the way at first but then it didn't bother me. Shifting was smooth, acceleration was crisp. It seemed snappier than my Breva 750 (the black & sliver one seen at my left elbow in the pic).

The exhaust note is worth the purchase price :O) :O) :O) Glorious!

Did I buy it? Naw, couldn't afford the divorce :O) (That's me better half, in the red jacket, headed back to the truck. Still in good humor.)

-Jesse
"Ennie" 2006 RE Bullet Classic 500 (currently undergoing a facelift)
Commuter Scooter Commuted to "Otherside"
"Geezer" 2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 died and reborn as yet, un-named, 2005 Moto Guzzi Breva 750,
and...the newest stablemate, also un-named, my crazy Russian 2015 Ural cT.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 02:38:45 pm
Good Gawd A-Mighty!! That bike is plenty cool - but that COLOR is simply glorious!! WA-A-A-A-A-nit ..... I don't think I could afford the divorce, either ...... but MAN would that bike be cool in the Museum ......   ;D
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

BigDon

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 09:17:25 pm
I want one. I need a garage close by to hide it in. ;)
BigDon
REA #73
08 RE Classic, the last of the Iron Barrel Bikes.(FireBall!)
05 Suzuki DRZ 400, for haulin' xxx in the woods!
09 BMW R1200GSA for a change of pace!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SlooDon#p/u

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 05:24:37 am
That is a cool bike. I have seen the new Nortons in the flesh and at least one of them is pretty nice looking. They will be shown in Canada and the Long Beach IMS shows.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com