Author Topic: Model G  (Read 28074 times)

exiledcarper

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 02:12:33 am
Exiledcarper,
I was in Penzance this morning.  My Mother still lives near Mullion and I am over here visiting.  The bike was originally sold by a dealer named Blewett and Pender (spelling?) in Penzance. 
I learned to drive and ride on these roads.  The trick is knowing how long the grass is over the top of the granite.  There was many a day that I got home with grass hanging off my mirrors! 
   I remember Blewttt and Pender very well, it was more or less opposite the train station.  Not sure if it's still there though, my hazy memory seems to be telling me that the building changed to some other kind of business, though I could be wrong on that.  Penzance and surrounding area was a great place to live, but the permanent recession led me to eventually return to London for the job opportunities.  I sometimes wish I hadn't left, but I think I would have had to retire from Gulval Football Club by now ;D.

SRL790

• Grease Monkey
  • 1954 350
Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 04:15:44 am
For those who have ridden there, a couple of pics as a reminder.
And the last pic is just so you know I didn't do all my touring in a box!

OK.  Call me dumb, but I've just spent thirty minutes trying to post an image into this e-mail instead of attaching it.  What am I missing here?

[old attachment deleted by admin]
Andy Wiltshire
54 350 Bullet, 62 Jaguar MK II, 68 BSA Spitfire, 69 BSA Starfire
70 Bonneville, 71 Bonneville, 71 BSA B25T, 74 Jensen Healey
74 Honda XR75, 81 Yamaha MX80, 82 Suzuki GS1100G

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 01:55:49 pm
My oh my, what a nice motorcycle!  That is a Vincent isn't it?  Sorry I'm not too good with the true classics.
On your photos you might try resizeing them smaller so they would take less time to upload.  You might be approaching the limit that this forum will handle.

For those who have ridden there, a couple of pics as a reminder.
And the last pic is just so you know I didn't do all my touring in a box!

OK.  Call me dumb, but I've just spent thirty minutes trying to post an image into this e-mail instead of attaching it.  What am I missing here?
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

SRL790

• Grease Monkey
  • 1954 350
Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 09:18:07 pm
Yes, it is a 1948 Vincent Series B Rapide.  It belongs to a college friend of mine who was kind enough to let me take it for a spin.
Just to increase the drool factor, he also owns this, which he also let me drive.  (OK, I know this is a motorcycle forum, but this thing is just soooo pretty).  He also owns the MGA behind.

[old attachment deleted by admin]
Andy Wiltshire
54 350 Bullet, 62 Jaguar MK II, 68 BSA Spitfire, 69 BSA Starfire
70 Bonneville, 71 Bonneville, 71 BSA B25T, 74 Jensen Healey
74 Honda XR75, 81 Yamaha MX80, 82 Suzuki GS1100G