Author Topic: Possible fuel line probem  (Read 10854 times)

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 03:22:23 am
go out every night and use the kick starter,, it's good exercise..   sometimes I think I actually have it down and use th thumb jUmP instead

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 04:11:36 pm
Now Scotty, don't ye know, I can always count on ye for a good bit of sound advice. However, I am not educated in the finer points of life, so would ye kindly explain the "Thumb Jump".  ;)
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 06:51:14 pm
Thumb-jump.......is that like someone hitting your thumb with a hammer just to watch you jump around. Hey V-Max, find your problem yet...........Dew.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 10:16:43 pm
Dew:

I think the problem was a combination of low petro (as Scotty suggested) and the bad battery. Just enough juice to do something but not enough to do it well. I really appreciate all the input & support.  :) We're having a cold spell right now in NW WI, w/40-45 mph winds. Aside from the cold, the winds make things very interesting on my hack!   :o
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 10:43:54 pm
Today has been mighty cold in MW IN too - the wind is straight sideways, and very cold - I chose not to ride the rig today, but drove the truck.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA