Author Topic: Happy Veterans Day  (Read 2817 times)

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
on: November 11, 2009, 04:02:04 pm
To all everywhere, Thank You

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 04:12:05 pm
Time to collect a free Pizza at UNO's....    ;D   I think Golden Corral lets you eat free also...
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 04:32:25 pm
Ya know,I GUESS I am a veteran.I was in the U.S. Army for 3 yrs,during the Vietnam era,but I did not go there.I went to Colorado,Wisconsin,and Alaska.It was actually the best time of my life,tho that really wasn't that great either.I actually feel a bit sheepish about it.Doesn't seem fair to the guys that did go over to combat areas.Only a small % ever do the actual fighting and dying,I know,but still.....To all those of you who have served in the real way,at risk,you have my heartfelt thanks.You are the veterans for which this day is dedicated.

Slider

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 04:42:18 pm
To all everywhere, Thank You

You're welcome.

Quote from: single
Ya know,I GUESS I am a veteran.I was in the U.S. Army for 3 yrs,during the Vietnam era,but I did not go there.I went to Colorado,Wisconsin,and Alaska.It was actually the best time of my life,tho that really wasn't that great either.I actually feel a bit sheepish about it.Doesn't seem fair to the guys that did go over to combat areas.Only a small % ever do the actual fighting and dying,I know,but still.....To all those of you who have served in the real way,at risk,you have my heartfelt thanks.You are the veterans for which this day is dedicated.

Going by the book, a veteran is anyone who has served 24 months or longer on active duty. It doesn't matter if it's in peacetime or wartime or where you served.

You volunteered to serve your country, knowing that anything can happen anywhere in the world at any time and you can suddenly find yourself in a place you never heard of, being target practice for guys you've never seen before. That's what the military is all about, that's why it exists. If you commit part of your life to that, accepting the risks that go along with it, you're deserving of the accolades that Veteran's Day entails. That's what the holiday is for, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 04:44:44 pm by Slider »
I must retreat to my place of Zen and meditate on this.

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 04:47:23 pm
Thanx,Slider.I do try to think of it in those terms.

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 08:38:32 pm
  Happy Vets' day also, If you served and didn't go to the war zone during your service remember someone had to be somewhere pushing the troops and equipment to those in the hot spot.  Thats what I told all my buddies who didn't get to the Persian Gulf during Desert Storm/Shield.

Applebee's also has free meals for Vets if you show some proof.  DD 214, picture in uniform.  Award or anything that's proof postive of your service. 

Again thanks to all my brother and sister Vets.  Will.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 09:38:24 pm
Thanks to all the troops no matter where or when they served.  The only fights for freedom I've ever endured is trying to get my dang 2 wheelers moving when they don't want to.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 10:56:09 pm
Amen, Br. scoTTy!!!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 12:12:01 am
Thanks to all the troops no matter where or when they served.  The only fights for freedom I've ever endured is trying to get my dang 2 wheelers moving when they don't want to.

If it's with your slde hee's what that is.  Back to the tribute to all Vets.  Will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGi-sOTS5zA
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.