Author Topic: Alternator output?  (Read 5703 times)

vnsfxr

• Scooter
on: November 07, 2009, 05:04:11 am
I tend to ride year round, if it is not raining I could be riding is one of the mottos I go by.

However when the temps drop I use electric gear and was wondering what the charging out put is for the UCE bikes.Looked at the specs but it is not listed.

Can they handle the extra drain on the system?

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 03:50:39 pm
The nominal output of the alternator is 18 amps at 3000rpms. You'll have about five or so amps to spare at the maximum output of the alternator on the bike. It is, of course, advisable NOT to run the alternator at maximum output all the time as the windings may fail from being overheated. That failure won't be covered under the factory warranty. Be mindful of the total consumption of the items that you add to the bike.
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 04:48:42 pm
The nominal output of the alternator is 18 amps at 3000rpms. You'll have about five or so amps to spare at the maximum output of the alternator on the bike......

Do you mean that total output of alternator is 216 WATTS (18 amp x 12 volts) ?  I have been also searching for these values for UCE, G5 but the manual does not have any information.  The closest I could come up was a service manual for AVL Electra - page 02-5, line G.  Under Electricals and Ignition, it mentions - Generation Magneto assembly 12 V, 196W.  Does the G5 have same alternator as AVL or is it improved version ?

1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 01:11:49 am
The G5 part #s are,
147058 Stator & Pulsor Coil Assembly.
571062 Rotor and Reluctor Assembly.

If someone has a AVL parts book we'll have an answer.

If they were the same it might open up some possibility's to dumb the UCE down with a Electra ignition control module and a carburetor.  Hmmmmm a simpler UCE.
Thanks for the thought.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 03:27:58 pm
UCE alternators are a little better than the AVL's because they have a larger load with the EFI - but they aren't THAT much better. CJ - I might know where there IS a TwinSpark alternator rotor assembly ...... what's it WORTH to ya?? Heeheehee!!!
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!