Author Topic: Swine Flu  (Read 5652 times)

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 08:56:17 pm
     I have been hospitalized a couple of time due to complications from the flu. Scared the hell out of my wife, but I was too delirious to notice. My father got his flu shot religiously so after my last bout I started getting them too. I got my last one in 2004. I was paralyzed for a couple of days. For a couple of more months I could not use my left arm or bend my neck. It took almost a year to regain close to full function, but even now I live with a constant ache in my upper arm  and have some movement glitches.
     The government response was "That can't happen and we can prove it." I couldn't afford the lawsuit.
     The point being that there really is not full disclosure. It worked for my father, and for Eamon the benefits outweigh the risks. The swine flu is being over hyped by a media and a government that both thrive on  "problems" which only they can solve.  That being said, the Spanish flu killed some 20 million people. Jim Henson (Muppets) died from the flu. The danger is real.
     The really scary part is trying to decide if you are getting enough information to make a truly informed decision. Who do you trust? What data do you trust?
     Let me know when you figure it out.

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 01:16:06 am
  Guess I'm cursed with lupus, so my immune system never shuts off.  And no you wouldn't want the disease, and no it's not contagious.

If I take the shot my body will fight back and not know when to stop.  This will make me worse off than without it.  I stopped getting them after I retired from the service and was no longer a guinea pig.  For the people who have a compromised immune system I guess I say do what you think is right in your situation.  Will.

Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: November 04, 2009, 02:14:34 am
Daughter talked me and wife in getting the seasonal flu shot 2 weeks ago (she's a nurse and gave us the shots)..still no vaccine yet here for H1 flu...I'm wary as I got a flu shot 15 years ago free at work and I thought I was going to die...Remember sitting on the couch and my legs involuntary got rigid and went straight out in front of me while sitting....Jeeze I thought I was going to die for a week from the worst case of the flu..It took me about 4 months to get back to where I was before I took that dam thing vaccine shot ...Its a crap shot whether u gonna live or die...keep breathing and go for a ride.
Oh Magoo you done it again

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #18 on: November 04, 2009, 04:52:13 am
There is a shortage of "swine flu" ( or was it bird flu) shots. The plan is to give it to prisoners first.

I am willing to give my shot to anyone who wants it. If I were evil, I would  monopolize on all the scare propaganda and sell it for a tighty sum.

Oh , I know nurses who never will take a flu shot. NY tried to make it mandatory for health care workers...funny thing is they ran out about the same time as nurses started to balk.

Wash your hands, eat your veggies, rest......
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: November 04, 2009, 03:41:54 pm
"Wash your hands, eat your veggies, rest......"  REpozer

Br. Poz, that's good input... I might add: Don't sleep with swines!  ;)
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla