Author Topic: What is the age of Bullet riders here?  (Read 12947 times)

Bug_Catcher

• Bulleteer
  • Finally... something exciting between my legs.
Reply #75 on: November 26, 2009, 06:15:43 am
27 here and just got my first Enfield. Got tired of riding pillion all the time.  :D

Pythas

• Scooter
Reply #76 on: November 26, 2009, 01:04:31 pm
I'm 25. Got my first Bullet at 21, got my second at 24 - and now using the engine from the first in a Enfield/Norton project.

Edward

• Scooter
Reply #77 on: November 26, 2009, 05:38:46 pm
I am 63. I first rode a motorcycle at the age of 12 it was a James Comet. The first bike I owned was a Francis Barnett Falcon. The worst bike I owned was an Excelsior Talisman.
Edward

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #78 on: November 26, 2009, 05:46:27 pm
Hi Edward,
 Welcome aboard !!
Many smiles per gallon to you Sir.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

soulforge

• Bulleteer
Reply #79 on: November 27, 2009, 12:29:38 am
Hmm.... I am 33 in western age. The exact average age of RE riders over here! :)
Guess I am among the youngster here! hahaha.
Been on a motorcycle since 19, the legal age here.

In my country most motorcycles are used as couriers. I would dare say more than 80%. They are notorious for rough riding and the neglect of traffic regulations.
Thus the common opinion of motorcycle riders are not that good. Actually bad would be more likely.
Traffic here also very heavy in the cities due to too many cars and most of them listen to music with the windows closed. This results in many riders changing their silencer into a more louder one out of safety precaution but it bounces back to us as another popular common opinion, motorcycles are noisy!.

The motorcycle market here is swamped with cheap Chinese scooters and local brands such as Hyosung and Daelim are having a very hard time just to stay afloat.

Japanese bikes are also popular and are very easy to get since Japan is our next door neighbor but they too are having a hard time struggling against the Chinese aggression.

For US brands we have Harley-Davidson. They are quite successful since frankly speaking there is not much of a choice when you buy a big motorcycle and do not wish to be seen as a courier! hahaha

Some Italian brands do exist but not that big in size except Vespa.
Vespa is considered a queen among scooters here which I totally agree.
And good marketing with excellent A/S have made them into a big brand in less than
3 years.

Triumph used to be here until the local importer ran away after being bankrupted.

Which brings to me a question. I will begin a new topic.
AJS Distributor
Former Royal Enfield Distributor
Belstaff Distributor
Barbour International Dealer
Former Chairman of REOCK (RE Owner's Club Korea)
2019 Interceptor 650
2012 Bullet 500 EFI
2008 American Deluxe (AVL)
1994 Triumph Bonneville
1983 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
1969 Indian Chief

RGT

• Grand Gearhead
  • '94 350 Bullet
Reply #80 on: November 28, 2009, 06:28:50 pm
45, I can post that now as I finally got out for a ride. Really enjoyed the bike I like the feel. It shifts great and I did not have to think too much about the right side shift left side brake.

sqf

• Bulleteer
  • 07' Military-solo seat, elec ignition
Reply #81 on: November 29, 2009, 05:46:51 am
I've neglected this thread.....
34, my first bike was a 1982 Yamaha Special 400, my Dad gave it to me when I was 16, I was the only kid in my High School (of 1200 students) to have a motorcycle.  I can only say I used that fact for extreme personal gain and don't regret it at all!  That bike was my "learning" bike.  I dumped it a number of times doing stupid stuff, corners too fast, and of course the obligatory "If I just dump the clutch with my leg down I can do a cool power slide turn thing", or just end up with a bike on its side and get thrown 10 feet.......
Fir Na Dli

RAKe

• You'll Never See a Motorcycle Parked In Front of a Therapist's Office
  • Bulleteer
Reply #82 on: November 29, 2009, 02:48:35 pm
Now 51.  My father hated motorcycles.  The story I always heard was that my Uncle Rick (my namesake) came home from WWII and took the old man on a ride on his new Indian.  After a bodacious ride that ended by sliding into a ditch and a broken leg, it is said Dad swore off motorcycles.  So I had none growing up.

But when my blended family exploded in my senior year of high school, I flew back to California, and was reunited with my long-lost Mother.  Her new (to me) husband was a Harley guy from the "Wild One" days, and within two months of arriving, I had my first bike--a Suzuki 250 Enduro, and the rest is legend!!  Only British and American bikes since then.

If I had the bucks, I would beat a path to North Carolina to buy one of those new Indians and set up a later ride to Arlington National Cemetery to show my Dad (I'm sure he would love to "see" me riding a bike!!).  But in this era of downsizing (together with my growing respect for the Royal Enfield history and product), when I sell my Street Bob, an RE is next on the list!!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 03:30:32 pm by RAKe »
196? Triumph 500 (basket case), 1968 BSA 650 (ran, but needed work), 1976 Triumph T140V 750 (ran well -- sometimes), 2004 Harley-Davidson XL883C, 2007 Harley-Davidson FXDB

Bullruder5775

• Scooter
  • 1972 re
Reply #83 on: November 29, 2009, 03:37:29 pm