Author Topic: International Motorcycle Shows  (Read 5380 times)

vnsfxr

• Scooter
on: November 03, 2009, 03:21:59 am
Hello to all, new to the forum been lurking since my wife saw pictures of the new C5 in one of my motorcycle magazines and informed me she might start riding again if we had one in the garage. She even had me put a teal colored one up as wall paper on the computer.

I have the garage down to just 2 bikes now, Honda ST1300 for twisty mile munching and a Ducati GT1000 for fun sunny day rides. Been riding 2 wheeled motorized fun since I was 12 yrs old, (that was a few decades ago).

Being from the "Land of Fruits and Nuts" (Califronia) we do not currently have Royal Enfields available for an in person meeting.

I looked in the announcements section and did not see any notice of shows that are being attended this year. I had read that work was being done to get the REs on sale for 2010 in California and was hoping they would be available for viewing at the San Mateo, CA show this month.

Thanks in advance for any info on the shows, and a special thanks to all for the info posted here.

Vince & Sue

Chasfield

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 07:07:11 pm
Let me get this straight: your lady is more or less compellin' you to Enfield up that garage. Such a woman is precious indeed!

;D
2001 500 Bullet Deluxe

vnsfxr

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 06:18:15 am
While she does not have any where near the obsession I do with motorcycles she does have strong opinions about her likes and dislikes. The C5 is in her likes column.

While looking around I found this G5 based RE sold in the UK. http://www.haywards.co.uk/ Now one of these for me and the C5 for Sue would be nice.

Only interested in the new UCE rigs as my serious tinkering days are over. While I do the regular periodic maintenance on my rides I would rather be riding than rebuilding.

chumma7

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 07:33:11 pm
ACE Fireball 001

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 02:02:12 am
vnsfxr.
Check out this article...
http://www.royalenfields.com/2009/11/royal-enfield-california-here-they-come.html

Okay, I posted this over the adv forum. lets contribute to it and give kevin some free advertising.
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 04:55:01 am
Okay, I posted this over the adv forum. lets contribute to it and give kevin some free advertising.

That's a big forum, got a link?
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

vnsfxr

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 05:25:09 am
Thanks, I found out about the Long Beach show.

A few to many hundreds of miles away for a day trip. I'm almost in between Sacramento and San Francisco in travel time so we will be waiting for them to show up at the dealers.

Make an excuse for a trip to the city this spring.

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
REA #25
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 01:02:30 am
22 responses over there so far. ;) Someone asked if the scrambler conversion kit works with the UCE. Anyone know?
With the exception of some nasty Uncle, most responses have been positive. people over there are curious, and here's our chance to preach bulletism. They have  114,398 members.
REA #25
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

Lmundy

• Scooter
Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 10:45:02 pm
Vnfsxr, unless your IMS show is different than the first one that just concluded in Dallas, don't look for an Enfield on display.  Or a Triumph, or a Guzzi, or an Aprilia, or even a BMW.  In previous years, all these manufacturers showed their wares; this year we had the Japanese Big Four, Harley, Ducati and Can-Am.  Times are tough I guess.

vnsfxr

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 05:25:23 am
I've skipped the last 3 in San Mateo for just that reason.

Used to be worth going just for the vendors and special deals.

RE is supposed to have a display at Long Beach. Quite a few more people in SoCal than up here in the Motorcycle Mecca of Northern California.

If things go as reported I should have a couple dealers within a 2 hr ride come spring. Heck, I have to go 100 miles for the nearest Ducati dealer now, what's a few more miles?

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 05:02:19 pm
While she does not have any where near the obsession I do with motorcycles she does have strong opinions about her likes and dislikes. The C5 is in her likes column.

While looking around I found this G5 based RE sold in the UK. http://www.haywards.co.uk/ Now one of these for me and the C5 for Sue would be nice.

Only interested in the new UCE rigs as my serious tinkering days are over. While I do the regular periodic maintenance on my rides I would rather be riding than rebuilding.

Which G5 based EFI are you interested in? The Clubman or the trail bike?

vnsfxr

• Scooter
Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 11:22:15 pm
Which G5 based EFI are you interested in? The Clubman or the trail bike?

The trail version got my attention.

Curious why there are not many accessories listed for the C5 yet as it has been out almost a year.