Author Topic: Bullet and Electra seating positions  (Read 4851 times)

peterj

• Neophyte
on: November 05, 2007, 01:15:46 pm
Hi,
I'm considering an Enfield but haven't had the chance to visit a dealer yet to 'try them on' for size and seating comfort. Recently I sat on a new Bonnie and found it to be very cramped, the pegs seemed too high for me.
I understand the Electra has a higher seat than the Classic Bullet but is the seat/footpeg configuration the same? I have also read somewhere that the Classic is more suitable for taller riders.
I'm 5'11" and 220 lb and I have a feeling that both bikes might be a bit small for me. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 01:34:04 pm
Hi,
I'm considering an Enfield but haven't had the chance to visit a dealer yet to 'try them on' for size and seating comfort. Recently I sat on a new Bonnie and found it to be very cramped, the pegs seemed too high for me.
I understand the Electra has a higher seat than the Classic Bullet but is the seat/footpeg configuration the same? I have also read somewhere that the Classic is more suitable for taller riders.
I'm 5'11" and 220 lb and I have a feeling that both bikes might be a bit small for me. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm about your size and find my classic with the solo seat to have a very comfortable riding position (for me anyway).  You aren't spread out like you're in a recliner/Harley but it is more roomy than my W650.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 01:38:16 pm
 I'm 6'1" and don't have a problem with my Bullet.
The guy I sold my 95 to is 6'4" and doesn't have a problem riding it either.
I did put some highway pegs out front for my ride to Mo. last Sept. just so I had some place to stretch my bum leg out.
CJ

1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

krodaddy

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 01:43:14 pm
I'm 6'1" and 210 lb. I find the riding position on my Classic Bullet to be very comfortable. 250 mile days are no problem at all.
Krodaddy

Foggy_Auggie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 05:05:51 pm
I'm 6 ft. and 195 lbs.  My Sixty-5 is completely stock and I love the standard very soft saddle.  My skinny butt requires it.

The Sixty-5 is the same ergonomically as the Classic Bullet.  It is the best off the showroom bike for saddle height, peg placement, handlebar width and angle of any bike I've sat on.

It's an all day horse that feels very nimble in the chicanes of country lanes.

The old classic Triumphs had higher footpegs when compared to the classic BSA.  The BSA's felt better - just like the RE Bullet.

Regards, Foggy
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Fortiter Et Fideliter

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 06:21:36 pm
I'm 6' 3" tall and only problem I find is the std rubber (single screw fixing) knee pads are a tad low on the tank for my knees, but the riding position with a solo seat is great!!!
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 07:18:30 pm
The Bullet is most comfortable of the three bikes I currently own - the riding position, with the stock dual seat is great, very secure.  The worst position seat I have is the Sportster.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

peterj

• Neophyte
Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 10:37:26 am
Thanks for your input everyone. It seems as if the Classic could be the way to go but I'd still like to hear from anyone who can comment on the relative riding positions of the Electra and Classic.

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 12:30:14 pm
Thanks for your input everyone. It seems as if the Classic could be the way to go but I'd still like to hear from anyone who can comment on the relative riding positions of the Electra and Classic.

Unless there is a difference in seats, I believe they are precisely the same.

Ofcalipka

• Just enjoying the ride.
  • Bulleteer
  • Thumping through the Aloha State
Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 08:43:23 pm
PeterJ,
I'm  also 5'11" and 220 lbs.  I have the '05 Classic Military with the solo seat and it is very comfortable to ride.  Even when she had the stock seat it was very comfortable.  I can't say anything as far as the other models of Royal Enfield go but the Classic Military is very comfortable for my size.  Hope this was helpful.
Aloha
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot." - Steven Wright

2005 Royal Enfeild Bullet 500 Military,
2006 HD Springer softail 1450,
1980 Puch Maxi,
1995 Ural 650
1978 Peugeot 103 SP
2000 BMW R 1150 RT P

Wahiawa,  HI