Author Topic: single seat for Electra EFI Deluxe.  (Read 5092 times)

john hut

• John Hut
  • Scooter
  • EFI Bulleteer
on: November 02, 2009, 12:13:27 pm
 :)Hi John here,
  Recently purchaced a new Electra Deluxe Efi.  Love the bike even though
iv,e onlly done 600miles yet. my question is has anybody fitted the single seat on the new model,? also does it increase the heigt,or decrease it,also what is involved
and what fitting kit is
involved.Being a 5foot 4inch shorty im hoping it lowers it,

John Hut .  England
John Electra Deluxe Efi

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 02:49:03 pm
If height is an issue,there are shorter springs available for most of the sprung solo seats, or you can even make a very low bracket to mount the seat rigid and low.

I mounted my seat rigid and low on my older Bullet, and it worked out fine. I didn't feel any need to have springs under the seat.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Chris-G5

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 11:47:33 pm
I have a G5 and I put the "Deluxe Solo Seat" from CMW on mine. It's surprisingly comfortable for how thin it is. Any seat that fits the Electra will fit your G5 Deluxe, there is a different mounting bracket for the Electra frame compared to the Classic frame. I didn't like the brackets for the Electra mount, they span between the sub-frame bolt and the shock bolt, because I didn't like the look of the bracket covering up the shock mount. I ended up using the mounts for the Classic frame, turning them around and switching sides with them. They mount to the sub-frame bolt.  I also used 2 inch springs, it came with 4 inch springs, to level out the seat so it wasn't high in the back. You can kind of see the brackets in this pic., it's dark.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 09:05:44 am
What brackets ?? All I see are stock looking bits  ;D
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Dr. Chandra

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 03:19:39 am
I put the solo seat on my G5 Military, which is supposed to have the same frame as an Electra.  With the stock springs, the seat is definitely higher, no matter what the instructions say.  I swapped them out for the 3" springs from CMW and it's back to a good height.  I had some trouble figuring how to install the seat, but the Forum had some good photos and eventually I got it on.
2009 G5 Military

REA Member 131

• Scooter
  • I'd rather push my Enfield than ride a Harley
Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 10:48:29 pm
Okay, I need some help and this thread looks like it's in the same ballpark.

I just got the "Old Fashioned Solo Seat" for my G5 Deluxe. The seat came with no instructions, and I apparently need some.  ;D

Can anyone help? Point me to a thread? Pictures would be great!

Thanks in advance!

REA Member 131

• Scooter
  • I'd rather push my Enfield than ride a Harley
Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 01:36:52 pm
I found some pictures at the following link:
http://members.verizon.net/allofusmorrows/RE_Accessory.htm

The sixth picture down is how I think it mounts. I'm not sure what the tabs are for that stick up on the back of the bracket. And, I'm not sure how they want me to mount the front tab.

Can anyone confirm or deny?