Author Topic: Here's a real beauty!  (Read 2703 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
on: October 30, 2009, 07:56:15 pm
Probably the best looking  1950s Indian  that was made by Royal Enfield that I've ever seen.
All original, with 3235 original miles
Museum quality.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Royal-Enfield-Trail-Blazer-INDIAN-Royal-Enfield-TrailBlazer-3235-Original-Miles-NM_W0QQitemZ250522242668QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item3a544a0e6c

« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 08:03:52 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Chasfield

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 08:03:21 pm
 8)

Never seen so much sheer style gathered in one place before.

2001 500 Bullet Deluxe

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 09:43:26 pm
Oh man, how beautiful is that?   :)
Those colors are especially cool as well!

A Bullet would look cool with a paint job like that...

Eamon
Eamon

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 11:47:21 pm
A little overpriced he had it on there before with a higher first bid and still a reserve. $10,000 would be the absolute max for that bike.  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 03:47:24 am
No mention of how big the engine is, or whether or not it runs.  I hate that.
Wonder what he thinks it's worth.  I imagine it's worth up to $15K if it runs well.
Run what ya brung

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 02:06:10 pm
No mention of how big the engine is, or whether or not it runs.  I hate that.
Wonder what he thinks it's worth.  I imagine it's worth up to $15K if it runs well.

It's a 700cc Super Meteor twin.
It came out of a museum, and probably hasn't been run in many years.
But, I'd expect that with indoor storage in a museum showroom, it probably could be running with little work.

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 02:36:20 pm
So- after MOMA buys your airfilter to put on permanent display, what would you pay for that bike?
Run what ya brung

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 03:08:59 pm
So- after MOMA buys your airfilter to put on permanent display, what would you pay for that bike?

I think the opening bid is at the upper edge of the value of the bike.

However, I also think that collector bikes like that are very rare, and there is more than just monetary value involved in purchasing a collector bike.
If a person really wants it, they'll pay more than the normal expected value of the bike, just to own it.
There's a difference between an original survivor and a restoration in the collector's world.
It woud be possible to re-create that bike in a restoration, but it might end up costing as much as that one.

For just a little more money, I'd be tempted to look for a perfect Interceptor Series 2.
But, any way I see it, that is one NICE Indian. I love the color scheme. It really looks good.

Of course, as it is now, I don't have the money to buy a broken-down used Bullet.
But, if I wanted an Enfield Indian, and had money to burn, that might be the one.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 10:16:17 pm
I'm with YOU, Ace - If I had the dallah-dallah beels - I'd HAVE that little bike in MY personal museum. It's worth what someone will give up for it because it is probably THE ONLY LIKE IT LEFT IN THE WORLD. It hasn't been restored - it's just been stored. It has VERY low mileage on it - and if it's all documented, would be a find, for sure. Classic collectible motorcycles in the $15K to $20K range are STILL cheaper than a new Harley-Davis - and not just anyone can HAVE one of these .... I'm in love with it ....
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!