Author Topic: Looking for a seat, CMW help!  (Read 5741 times)

deejay

on: November 12, 2007, 07:33:11 pm
I'm looking for the seat on the front cover of the CMW catalog, it is also featured in a lot of RE ads. It's a dual seat with white piping running along the entire top of the seat. Theres one in the catalog and in the online store which looks similar, but it's not the same.

Anyone?

« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 08:16:25 pm by deejay »

Bullet500Dude

• Scooter
  • Me in Mexico
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 11:52:30 pm
Looks like a stock seat custom upholstered to me.
Take CARE, be BAD ;-) and ride SAFE ....... D.B.

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 12:05:52 am
I also liked the looks of that seat. It looks like a genuine leather seat you used to see on old bikes in UK.

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 12:15:10 am
Hey, that looks like my custom made seat, except for that little flip on the back. Mine is straight. Had the back part of the seat cut to be level with the front, looks real good. Cost $60 at the upholstery shop......Dew.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!

deejay

Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 01:00:01 am
Hey, that looks like my custom made seat, except for that little flip on the back. Mine is straight. Had the back part of the seat cut to be level with the front, looks real good. Cost $60 at the upholstery shop......Dew.

Got any pictures?

Ratty57

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 02:02:19 am
I'm looking for the seat on the front cover of the CMW catalog, it is also featured in a lot of RE ads. It's a dual seat with white piping running along the entire top of the seat. Theres one in the catalog and in the online store which looks similar, but it's not the same.

Anyone?

Thats my bike, yes the seat is a stock pan that i had re-shaped and re-upholstered. I gave the guy pics of a BSA goldstar seat and told him i wanted something like that with a little bump on the back. What you see is what he gave me. Im happy with it. Think it cost me about $120.00 about 5 years ago but i payed top dollar to get it back fast, im sure you can find a good worker to do it for less.

Hope this helps

Ratty

deejay

Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 02:37:59 am

Thats my bike, yes the seat is a stock pan that i had re-shaped and re-upholstered. I gave the guy pics of a BSA goldstar seat and told him i wanted something like that with a little bump on the back. What you see is what he gave me. Im happy with it. Think it cost me about $120.00 about 5 years ago but i payed top dollar to get it back fast, im sure you can find a good worker to do it for less.

Hope this helps

Ratty

Thanks, looks like I'll be on the hunt for someone to reupholster it for me. Cheers.

Ratty57

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 02:40:18 am
I also liked the looks of that seat. It looks like a genuine leather seat you used to see on old bikes in UK.

Well spotted that man!
Also wanted to say, that is NOT me next to the bike, i think i must be to fat, wear way to much grease in my hair and not enough hair on the face to make the photo, lol Probebly not what CMW thought would sell there bikes and i think there right!

deejay

Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 03:23:32 am
Also wanted to say, that is NOT me next to the bike

Glad to hear it, I was going to ask why you had sunglasses on at night. Are those ace bars or clip ons? If they're the ace bars, could you tell me if they bump the tank at all?

cheers

Foggy_Auggie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 05:48:34 am
Also wanted to say, that is NOT me next to the bike

Glad to hear it, I was going to ask why you had sunglasses on at night.
cheers

" It's Midnight, we've got sunglasses on, a half tank of gas, and it's 400 miles to Detroit - Hit It!"

The Blues Brothers
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 05:56:56 am by Foggy_Auggie »
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Fortiter Et Fideliter

Ratty57

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 07:19:22 am
 Are those ace bars or clip ons? If they're the ace bars, could you tell me if they bump the tank at all?

cheers
[/quote]

They are Tomaselli fully adjustable race bars. They would hit the tank (where i have them set) but i have a steering damper that i have collared to stop them from going to full lock.

Ratty

deejay

Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 11:27:02 am
Are those ace bars or clip ons? If they're the ace bars, could you tell me if they bump the tank at all?

cheers

They are Tomaselli fully adjustable race bars. They would hit the tank (where i have them set) but i have a steering damper that i have collared to stop them from going to full lock.

Ratty
[/quote]

Cool, thanks for the info. Post some pics of yer bike!

Cheers