Author Topic: Inner tube into tool box problem FIXED! (RE sent wrong tube)  (Read 2047 times)

emskee

• Scooter
Thanks to Marrtyn who responded about the size of his G5 inner tube tube not fitting in the G5 tool box but instead into a cardboard box.   Hmmmmm

After my factory enabled flat tire, RE sent me a 19" tube for a G5 and not the 18" tube for the C5.  I didn't check the size when I got it.  Why would I?  (I know why now)

The G5 tube, when folded like the C5 tube is about 2 times larger in volume.  It will fit into various cardboard boxes, even the trunk of my car but not the C5 tool box (unless you cut it up into little pieces as my dealer advised that I do.)  :).

So....dealer is going to do a swap.  I like my dealer. 

No bigggie.  The nut and bolt RE sent me to replace the buggered rear fuel tank mounting hardware was wrong also.  Part numbers were right, what was sent was not.  Even included a few washers that didn't fit the bolt they sent.

Gotta laugh.  Seriously.

1998 Harley Davidson XLH1200 (Gone)
2001 Victory Standard Cruiser (Gone)
2004 Victory Vegas (My buddy Danny has her)
2005 Ural Gear Up (Gone, With good people)
2009 C5 (Gave it back)
2010 C5 (Still at home)
2010 Ural Taiga (Ditto)

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 08:44:43 pm
Awesome....   part of the charm.....
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 01:43:37 am
Oh, NO! Rajneesh has put the put the wrong small part in the small parts bag! I've never HEARD of that before .....  ::) Just as many parts for your Enfield can be had at the local plumbing shop or hardware store as can be bought from your dealer .... Charm, INDEED!!  ;D
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!