Author Topic: Mileages on the C5/G5  (Read 23777 times)

Dannyboy

• Scooter
Reply #60 on: November 23, 2009, 08:21:43 am
Thanks to one and all for the good wishes and I'll definitely put pics up next week. It's already too dark for pics here and I've only just got back from my first ride on it.  ;D Well, it's good innit?  :) Anyone here in the UK will know that the weather today is hardly the best for riding any bike, never mind a brand new one. I collected it about noon when the rain had eased for an hour and the roads were drying and while I was at the dealers it started raining again. Special mention for John Parker Motorcycles (is that allowed?) for offering to deliver it by van in the evening if I preferred. But I took it and rode the short distance home and then dried it and waited. By about three the roads were dry(ish) again and I put 20 miles on it. I haven't ridden a bike for ten years so it was slightly nerve wracking but overall really easy to ride and confidence inspiring. Ride was a good mix of roads and I had it up to 50 a few times but never held it at any constant throttle opening for too long. I know the handbook says 35-40 or something but 50 was achieved on only a whiff of throttle in top. I totally love the sound which is probably even better than standard with the upswept silencer. (Exhaust is probably a better description than silencer.) Very deep and throaty. Was also impressed with the gearbox and found changes very slick and neutral easy to find. Brakes feel great though were not particularly tested and handling and suspension were fine. The biggest problem I had was using the indicator switch without looking down to locate it but that is just a matter of time for sure. Also, I found the riding position very comfortable. Overall, an excellent bike and I'm sure there is a lot more to come from it. Weather forecast for the next two days is foul and I have other things to do so probably won't use it again until next week now but I have the week off and hope to get a few more miles on it between the showers and take pics too!

Hi Clubman,
                   I saw that bike in the window of Parkers a couple of weeks ago and thought it looked great. When I went past on Saturday and saw it was gone I wondered if you had bought it. Let us know how you get on with it. The trials styled version they have looks good too.

Regards,

Danny.

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #61 on: November 23, 2009, 05:48:29 pm
Thanks a lot, Danny. You must be local - do you go to any owners club meetings? I've said a bit more about the bike in a separate thread. I'm really loving it!  ;D

Dannyboy

• Scooter
Reply #62 on: November 24, 2009, 08:41:16 am
Hi Clubman,
                   I live in Wakering and see a few bullets around. Have still got my honda for now but I'm looking to get one of the new models in the New Year. Just can't decide which one at the moment. Your bike looks a real head turner but six months is a long time to wait. I do like the styling of the trails version too though. Good luck with your bike.

Regards,

Danny.

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #63 on: November 24, 2009, 08:12:14 pm
Hi Danny,

Great and Little Wakering have had this very Clubman rumble through a couple of times so far, including this morning. Six months is a long wait; I considered taking the G5 instead at one point but now I'm glad I waited. But I like the Trial too and it's immediately available if Parkers shop floor is anything to go by. Have you had a test ride on a G5 yet? Let me know what you decide to buy.

Regards,

Clubman

hocko

• Grease Monkey
Reply #64 on: November 24, 2009, 09:57:29 pm
This isn't really helping me seeking the information I was after.  ???

Cheers

Chris-G5

• Bulleteer
Reply #65 on: November 25, 2009, 12:57:06 am
This isn't really helping me seeking the information I was after.  ???

Cheers
3500 miles and getting a little oil leaking, not bad though. Only other problem was the loose wire to the fuel pump that I mentioned earlier. These are great bikes and they seem to get better and better with with mileage. I put a short silencer on it, which seems to have freed it up quite a bit. I've done a couple 200 mile rides with my brother on his Harley Electra Glide and he was impressed with how well I could keep up with him. Of course he can blow me away in acceleration on open roads/ highways. We did around 80 miles on the highway at speed in the 70 to 80 mph range, and the G5 had no problems and was quite comfortable at those speeds, especially with the less restrictive exhaust. And talk about an eye catcher/conversation piece. Everywhere I go I have people literally running up to me to find out about the bike. At a popular biker bar in a parking lot full of a hundred or so Harleys and Jap. cruisers I had person after person coming up to me asking and complementing me on the Bullet. The first guy came running over saying " Wow, I've never seen one of those in person before" ;D

hocko

• Grease Monkey
Reply #66 on: November 25, 2009, 01:03:53 am
Thanks for the imput Chris G5. I had a shorter run the other day 180 miles, nothing to report other than a confortable ride (Some of it was on an unsealed road) and great fuel ecomony. As I only have 1400km on the clock, no hyper speeds involved, cruised comfortably at 60mph with a short burst up to 70 mph. All good. On the last oil change I think I may have partially stripped the sump plug, it nips up snug but still has a bit of play, not leaking though, so I'll just leave it to 3000km the next service and slip in an additional copper washer.

Thanks again

Cheers  :)

Bullruder5775

• Scooter
  • 1972 re
Reply #67 on: November 29, 2009, 02:53:21 pm
Congratulations for your new bike...

Bullruder5775

• Scooter
  • 1972 re
Reply #68 on: November 29, 2009, 03:02:56 pm
I am riding 1970 RE which was gifted by my grandfather to my father and my father to me ... My Bullet is still young ant heart it will be given to my son. I own 1970 RE Bullet 350, 1978 RE 500, 2003 RE Thunder Bird , Now waiting for my C5

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #69 on: November 29, 2009, 03:09:51 pm
Welcome aboard Bullruder5775

Congrats on all you bikes ;D
No matter where you go, there, you are.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #70 on: November 29, 2009, 07:56:41 pm
I hit 3700 miles on my C5 today, it's been trouble free all the way ;D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Bullruder5775

• Scooter
  • 1972 re
Reply #71 on: December 01, 2009, 05:33:57 pm
Welcome aboard Bullruder5775

Congrats on all you bikes ;D

thanks ICE

mark

• Scooter
Reply #72 on: December 08, 2009, 05:46:53 pm
Well, lets see...

When we removed the piece of tape that was used to keep the air filter box closed while I was stuck out on the road, we saw the lacquer was actually pulled off. This is tape that doesn't even pull indoor paint off, incredible.

10 days later, I still can't ride, the lock is on back order with no estimate of when it will arrive, and WS will not replace the lid as "he shouldn't have put tape on it". I guess I could say the lock shouldn't have shattered after only 6 months and popping open the air filter box while on the road.

I've had enough!

Hi James,

Just read this and it disturbs me what I have read!
James you have been treated poorly and RE dealers are at telling you lies.
They are not acting within the law and fobbing you off hoping you'll just accept what they" say" as fact.

You have several routes you can go down.
Some nice,and some very powerful and nasty ones for RE dealers in the UK.

(!1) If you paid the minimum of 100 pounds on a "credit" card you can claim your money(the price of the bike) back from the credit card company.
They will want the money back from the dealer-ouch!

Forget about warranties,extended warranties,they're are not worth the paper they're written on.
Paying by credit card gives you "six "years guarantee against defective or faulty goods.Fact!.

(2) Take to to the Ombudsmen who will 100% go in your favour!
The dealer will have to cough up! another ouch!

Now if you want to be nasty!!

(3) You can ring the trading standards.
 Quoting section 14 of fit for pupose act.

It is likely your bike is not fit for the purpose it was intended.
Which means it would fail an MOT test.
Therefore illegal,and illegal to be sold in the UK.

The shit would then hit the fan for RE dealers-stock could be seized and big fines handed out! massive ouch!!

The yanks have similar protection!

The upside of this is my bikes value would shoot up,as it would be rare in the UK!!

Royal Enfield Bullet efi.
rolex explorer,datejust,airking.
omega seamaster,speedmaster,constellation,dynamic.