Author Topic: Fork Springs  (Read 2283 times)

dhanisch

• Scooter
  • Long timer
on: October 12, 2009, 11:25:57 pm
Well, finally got my G5 out of Hock.  Kudos to All Power Sports of Granby MA for paying attention to detail.  Seems the Tranny was missing a thrust washer.  Anyhoo, I am loving my R.E. to the extent my Bonnie feels neglected.  I have noticed that the fork springs are mushy to say the least.  Anyone know if Progressive Suspension makes springs for this unit?
Keep yer powder dry and remember the words of W.S. Borroughs, "Paranoia is having all the facts."

Chinga Todos

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 11:59:28 pm
I have noticed that the fork springs are mushy to say the least.  Anyone know if Progressive Suspension makes springs for this unit?

I would try a little thicker oil in the forks before you ante up for some new springs.
I found that 20w fork oil is too mushey for my kind of riding so I switched to 30w and it was too thick. So now I mix half 20w and half 30w and it's perfect.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 01:03:37 am
You also may want to change the oil in the forks paying attention that they were filled equally. My 2009 model was not. After getting an equal and proper amount of oil all the things I complained about vanished.

dhanisch

• Scooter
  • Long timer
Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 06:31:01 pm
Thanks for the input y'all.  Will give it a whirl before the weather in the NE deteriorates much further.