Author Topic: Dont ask dont tell.  (Read 10641 times)

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 01:45:07 am
< served 12 years in the Army.... and that was enough

did you get a pension for your service?  school ? anything? 

I know of many service people that fiddled away what they received for their time spent..  since there is no lottery or draft , this was a conscious decision on your part to join and re up

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 03:22:00 am
Now that that's over with, maybe he might start figuring out where that 2 Trillion Dollars went,  that he handed over to the bankers.

This might explain it...  :D
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/in_the_know_should_the_government

Eamon
Eamon

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 03:39:25 am
Wow seems like it is true.

I dont care if David loves peter but can they be trained.
    Peter is a woman trapped in a mans body, will he fix bayonet and charge to kill as he was strained.   As a womans mind and feelings will he/him be able to make the right decision when needed.

Im sorry but a mans job needs a man.

I would feel very uneasy working, I would /could not guarantee they would act in the right way and that could affect my performance and get me or others killed.

A platoon is a whole thing, it is team work.   Peter and David holding hands does not count.

Being trained to kill people and make war is not a game, it should be taken more seriously.

If the training of Us forces were taken more seriously we might not have charges of reckless murder and rape as we have seen countless times in Japan and at war in Afganistan and Iraq.

You carry your weak, your don't discharge at the early stage when some one is sure not to get there and entered the forces for the wrong reason.

"Full metal Jacket"  Yes the movies but explains my point.

Could it be why your wars go on and on without finishing?  Vietnam, Iraq ( still there)  Afganistan ( still not got Bin ladin who escaped on a donkey)

Get some men on the job. Sleep in the rain men --eat snake type men.

Lip stick and handbags may be a joke but its just under the surface.

I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 04:00:52 am
I would feel very uneasy working, I would /could not guarantee they would act in the right way and that could affect my performance and get me or others killed.
That's your problem.  Why do so many homophobes think all gay people want them so bad?  Really, man, they're not into you.  They're interested in other gay people.

Could it be why your wars go on and on without finishing?  Vietnam, Iraq ( still there)  Afganistan ( still not got Bin ladin who escaped on a donkey)
Every army has gay people in it.  Every army in the past has had gay people in it.  The only difference is whether or not they have been able to admit it.  Hell, I'll bet you there are closeted gay Taliban and Al Quaeda fighters.

Get some men on the job. Sleep in the rain men --eat snake type men.
I fail to see what sexual preference has to do with those qualities.

Come on, Clamp.  You've done better chain yanking than this before.  You're obviously not trying.
 :P

Eamon
Eamon

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 04:16:01 am
Well, there has been stupidity throughout the ages;  Jews, black folks in America, women everywhere, gay people, etc.  The difference between ignorance and stupid is stupid people insist on staying that way. 
There will always be Jews, black people, women, gays, and stupid people.  As long as stupid people outnumber everyone else, there will never be any prejudice against them. 

...which is why I ride my motorcycle here in the mountains.
Run what ya brung

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 10:26:36 am
I am not yanking chains, thats why I asked for confirmation of this in my first post.

I do not feel sexually threatened by gays, where did I say that?

I feel threatened by their probable  inability to do what is sometimes necessary at times when my life might depend on it.   I want Rambo standing next to me not Peter the puff.     

I understand that a gay could get into the army, but this war thing needs to be taken more seriously than it is taken these days.

A guy can not get into the forces if he is blind or hard of hearing, Epilepsy would also not be helpful  and a shit load of other reasons. At certain moments of attack  a gay would  not be motivated in my opinion and his affliction should be considered under the same category.   

Your not taking the  forces serious enough, this is a war machine --or is supposed to be.   Its not for gays.

Thats how I feel about it and thats it. I have nothing more to add.

Your making a laughing stock of war and your own forces.

REA Member 131

• Scooter
  • I'd rather push my Enfield than ride a Harley
Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 12:49:59 pm
did you get a pension for your service?  school ? anything? 

Disability plus they paid for me to attend a trade school (I already had an Undergraduate degree). Plus, I wouldn't have met my wife had I not joined the Army. So.... not a bad deal.  ;D

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 02:16:50 pm
Well, Mr Clamp, apparently you do not know any gay people.  I lived in San Francisco for 25 years, so it was impossible to avoid them.  I can assure you that the flamers are are stereotype.  I will say that no one enjoys a good brawl as much as a transvestite.  Sounds nut, but when I lived in a low-rent district while I went to college there sere several bars where trannies entertained.  Occasionally straight kids would assume it might be fun to harass or beat up a sissy- and they usually got their butts kicked. 

Anyway, not many 18 year olds start out as Rambo.  They have to be taught- and that;s what basic training is for. 

As far as taking wars seriously, I personally have very mixed feelings.  As an American, I'm really tired of being the world's policeman.  It feels like the rest of the world is laughing at us.  Or- hates us enough to plan mass murder.  I am cynical that most of our aggression seems to be directed at preserving our own interests around oi or other financial matters.  It seems that private industry is the big winner during our wars.  I am also dismayed that every politician elected to office is a liar and on the take- and the voters buy it over and over.  That includes out new Nobel laureate.  What a crock. 

So, in a way, you're right;  I personally don't take any of our recent acts of aggression too seriously- but that's because I don't take out government seriously.  I have plans to live in denial as much as possible because I don't see how anything can be changed.

Back on topic;  none of our problems have to do with gay people in the military.  IMO, anyway.
Run what ya brung

jdrouin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 04:00:18 pm
Yeah, a lot of gay guys are into serious weightlifting and are actually pretty aggressive. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with a person's cowardice or bravery.

Do you really think Peter the Puff would enlist if he didn't have the guts to "thrust his bayonet"?

What would Clamp the Bar-Tramp do under fire?

Jeff

mbevo1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Mike and Stumpy
Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 04:38:26 pm
Do you really think Peter the Puff would enlist if he didn't have the guts to "thrust his bayonet"?

I don't think any of us knows about their own guts until it's time to do it... I enlisted during Vietnam, hassled bad guys, but didn't get seriously shot at until Gulf War I.  Don't think I was the only one thinking about "can I REALLY do this when it counts..."  You find out when its time.

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan
'07 Classic - Stumpy
'10 C5 Military - Sherman

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 05:45:20 pm
I don't think any of us knows about their own guts until it's time to do it... I enlisted during Vietnam, hassled bad guys, but didn't get seriously shot at until Gulf War I.  Don't think I was the only one thinking about "can I REALLY do this when it counts..."  You find out when its time.

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan

Exactly,---  The weight training thing is for vanity.   Im not talking about a street brawl Im talking killing a man with your bare hands because you have no ammunition.

Pushing your thumbs into a mans eyes and into his brain takes a special   man not a puff. If he fails you have to do his work too.   

As far as being policemen of the world --thats your own fault  telling everyone nuclear weapons are not necessary because you have them and you wont let anyone hurt thoes that disarm.

You put yourself up for that, and I saw that coming years ago.

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009, 06:19:09 pm
What would Clamp the Bar-Tramp do under fire?

Jeff

Quite possibly get his eyes gouged out by the thumbs of an in the closet gay soldier because he didn't think a gay person could do it!   :P
Eamon

REA Member 131

• Scooter
  • I'd rather push my Enfield than ride a Harley
Reply #27 on: October 13, 2009, 07:07:37 pm
Quite possibly get his eyes gouged out by the thumbs of an in the closet gay soldier because he didn't think a gay person could do it!   :P
;D
Score one for Eamon.

Women make men soft (well, in most ways). Give me a gay platoon any day. During breaks in battle we could re-decorate the barracks for less than a thousand dollars.

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: October 13, 2009, 07:59:14 pm
Mr Clamp, your concerns seem to be based on...Fear?  Supposition?  Rumor? Superstition?  What?   What in you was so disgusted by a whim that passed through your brain that you had to post this?  Are we to believe that your love of America is so strong that you wanted to voice a serious concern for our safety? 
I'm curious how a person's sexual orientation affects their ability to bash someone's brains in. ?

Really.
Run what ya brung

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #29 on: October 13, 2009, 10:49:19 pm
  I suppose I'll relate this story from my days as a first sergeant at Fort Knox years ago.  I received a call one weekend that I had to go to bail three of my rough and tough scouts out of the Jefferson County jail in Louisville, Kentucky.

I picked up a fourth soldier that had direct knowledge of the incident I couldn't believe what I was hearing from this guys version.

When I arrived at the jail the arresting deputy told me basically the same one.  Seems the first three decided to go rough up the gays for fun.  They happened into a gay bar and picked on the first guy they saw alone.  They hen left the bar room to wait for the guy.  Closing time came and the fourth guy thought it was best to stay clear of trouble.

Cutting to the chase they provoked the guy into a fight.  Something on the order of there was nothing the guy liked doing more than giving oral sex and kicking red-neck ass was heard from the dude.  He won and they obviously lost.  My "hero's" had a lost a total of three teeth, had approximately a dozen severe bruises, and various other groin injuries.  So I don't exactly think (gays) they'll be to afraid to stand their ground.

Gotta stiop watching the Bird Cage with Robin Williams.  And I also wonder why you are pre-occupied with the U.S.A. military as a whole.  It wasn't the GI Jane/Joe in the trenches that made the decision on where/when to fight.  Don't drag the soldier/airmen/marines/sailor into this.  We've survived worse problems than gays/lesbians in the ranks, and few if any problems have been noted.

The Air Force/Army both lost a Lieutenant each during the Gulf War for prostution. I believe thats probably more of a detriment but your concern is duly noted. 

Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.