Author Topic: Dont ask dont tell.  (Read 10642 times)

REA Member 131

• Scooter
  • I'd rather push my Enfield than ride a Harley
Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 01:09:42 am
Don't give him credit for being concerned about anything. It's just a simple case of...

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 04:00:52 am
I think if you were in a combat situation with everyone scared, you wouldn't care one whit whether the person next you with a gun (presumably and preferably on the  same side as you were) was gay or not.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 04:01:39 am
true statement

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #33 on: October 14, 2009, 04:30:15 am
  Here's something we have to say to all those outsiders that are worried about what we do, or how we are.  This song pretty much sums up the whole ball of wax.  Will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kB7OR161-U
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #34 on: October 14, 2009, 05:55:25 am
Bottom line:

Let the military commanders dictate internal requirements and standards, not the politicians.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: October 14, 2009, 10:21:44 am
You should not be scared, nervous possible but you should know what you are doing or you should NOT be there.

You don't get it do you?   you can not train to kill, you can teach the method but the kill is in the heart.

Undeniable rage and anger that we spend all our lives trying to control and for most of us we can. The marines Us or UK try to release this again in a way that can be used for combat.

Rambo,-- fictional example trained to kill and can but could not be de trained.

A friend of mine is in Iraq right now training Us forces how to kill  bare handed.

He looks like a librarian, you would make a serious mistake to cross him.

A similar friend  was a Canadian seal with martial arts experience,-- a horrendous street fighter. He was shot  dead some years ago.

These men showed very little tolerance to simple communication, and showed irritation at small talk.   they were not men that liked other men, not even in thier vicinity

These men are  for war,--not homosexuals who are joining up with tounge in cheek for a laugh and mingle with underpants.

I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #36 on: October 14, 2009, 02:57:38 pm
  The ship sailed and sunk on the argument, you went down with it.  Anyone who is exposed to enough horror, bloodshed, will be break and become a killer.  Just like every person has a breaking point psychologically when tortured.  Just how much a person can take depends on the circumstances surrounding the case.

Leave it be, these are your opinions.  I retired from the US Army and have trained as a parachutist and Ranger, blew a knee on a bad jump accident.  Unless YOU have walked this walk you can't talk this talk.  What your buds did is of little consequence..question have you ever served?  If so were you 100% sure you weren't surrounded by gays?  Just because you type the last comment doesn't mean you win the prize.  Will.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: October 14, 2009, 04:35:13 pm
Pretty well put.
Mr Clamp, I get the feeling you're talking about something of which you have no personal experience.   Rumors, suspician, superstition, supposition, fear, homophobia, paranoia; I don't know what, or where this is coming from.  Good luck to ya.

Given all the headlines, I seriously doubt anyone joins the military for a clandestine (or otherwise) slap and tickle.
Run what ya brung

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: October 14, 2009, 08:25:20 pm
"...  This song pretty much sums up the whole ball of wax."  Will.

Amen, Br. Will...
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla