Author Topic: Sidecar auxilliary headlight  (Read 5233 times)

Digger77091

• Scooter
on: November 02, 2007, 04:02:37 pm
I've got a Bullet 500 with a Cosey rig and I would like to put an auxilliary head light in the nose of my sidecar gondola. Has anybody here ever done such a thing?. The hole in the front is just begging to be filled with something useful.
Any informatin or suggestions would be appreciated

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 04:49:47 pm
I have seen it done, but am not sure how they did it.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 05:20:12 pm
A very interesting idea. I too have a Cozy Bullet and this sure would add some needed light for night travel.  :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 07:17:17 pm by VMAX »
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

Sam

• Uralist & now, Bulleteer!
  • Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 06:10:08 pm
Harbor Freight "off road" light on my Ural; $10, as I recall. 50 watt halogen, easily as bright as the headlight.

[old attachment deleted by admin]
<Insert cryptic saying by obscure author here>

willbarter

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 05:33:41 am
A nose light is on my list of possable winter projects. It would be nice if an extra 35 to 50 watt halogen would work with the Bullets electrical system. That leaves mounting and comming up with a way to aim the light. Might get some inspiration from Vespa scooter or a building emergency light, I'll have to play with the idea

Don
'02 Classic with Cozy Rocket sidecar. Branford CT
"Ride like lightning, Crash like thunder."

baumgratz

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 04:03:27 am
My sidecar came with a headlight.  It is not a Cozy, but the same rocket style, made in India.  By the way, it also came with a brake.  The headlight came with an H3 55watt halogen bulb.  This, along with the 10watt rear marker light proved to draw too much current for the bike's charging system.  The ammeter gauge would indicate the battery was draining even at highway rpms.  I subsequently have put to use the unused headlight switch.  I wired it so that the sidecar lights can be turned off for starting, idling, etc.  I also have changed the bike's and sidecar's rear lights to LEDs.  I am also going to install a 35watt H3 in the sidecar headlight.  Hopefully, this will  be adequate.  If not, I will try to rig white LEDs in the headlight and just use it more as a marker.  Anyway, my point is that a 55watt bulb is too much.  This charging system doesn't have much reserve.  I would recommend going with something that will draw less current.