Author Topic: Problem on the way home from rally  (Read 8919 times)

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 01:01:12 pm
i would imagine it more to be a LEGEND like you find on maps, as in where they should look for nooks and crannies when checking things. basically, you're taking one for the team ;)

That would be legend - kinda like on a map ..... you know - you'll find CJ everywhere ON the map .... on the Enfield! I am guilty of just riding mine to work and back and the occasional trip to the grocery or hardware store - but CJ RIDES his! It's what we USED to do before we got all caught up in "being responsible" with work and home maintenance and what not. I'm glad that ONE of us will still go on a whim with a clean pair of sox and a hundred dollar bill in our pocket! Hahahaha!! - YOU DA MAN, CJ!!   ;D Legend, indeed! (the pressure's on NOW, isn't it?? Heeheehee!!!)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Chris-G5

• Bulleteer
Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 01:34:29 am
Found the problem with the intermittent fuel pump failure. It was a badly crimped ground wire on the big cream colored connector that connects the fuel pump to the main wire harness. I could move the connector back and forth and the sound of the fuel pump would change pitch like it was cutting in and out. The wire was just barely connected to the spade and popped right of with a light tug to check the connection. The wire was basically connected to the spade by the water seal. The spade was not reusable as it could not be un-crimped with out breaking the spade. So I eliminated the connector all together and soldered the wires together. Whenever I have to remove the tank for some reason I'll have to cut the wires and then with better access to the wires I'll put on a new 2 pole connector. So if your having a problem with your fuel pump and the MIL still comes on and shuts of like normal when the run switch is turned on then check that connector. Thanks to ScooterBob, Slam, and Kevin for their help and quick responses.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 01:57:06 am by Chris-G5 »

Chris-G5

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 01:48:28 am
"LEGEND" eh? Is that CMW code for complainer/whiner?  :D
I miss read ScooterBob's post. I thought he was calling me the legend at CMW. That's why I said the above quoted. I tend to complain a lot, too much of a perfectionist I guess, and I know CMW has taken quite a bit of complaints from me. My apologies to CJ if you thought I was calling you a complainer. I mean I barely know you, but I do know you like BLTs even if you have to wait the longest to get yours. :D (Feed Store)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 02:15:18 am
Chris, I'm glad you found the problem, I was sure it would be something simple.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 02:46:45 am
Good find G5.
Mine might be the exact same thing except it's at the fuel injector connector.

I do like BLT's. The Feed Store is becoming the legend.
Every year we seem to congregate there. Probably more Bullet pilots ate there than any restaurant in the US.  We should get em a sign to hang on the wall.

Complainer/Whiner? Yup, that's me!
Maybe CMW will start screening calls from anyone named Chris eh?

See ya at next year's rally.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 07:49:38 pm
You Chris's and your green bikes with fawlty wiring!! Dang UTT!! - Oddly - I did a little digging for the factory fellows (gREat guys, all, BTW!) and found that YOUR green Classics and MY little "shop mule" probably TOUCHED each other other going down the assembly line ... Go figger. So if anyone ELSE named Chris wants to buy a V.Green Classic with a chassis number of between 500450 and 500499, I'll file a formal protest .... Heeheehee!!   ;) BTW - That was good find on that goofy wiring connector - and an easy fix after all! Thanks for all the valuable input on this.

Chris-G5

• Bulleteer
Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 09:22:16 pm
You Chris's and your green bikes with fawlty wiring!! Dang UTT!! - Oddly - I did a little digging for the factory fellows (gREat guys, all, BTW!) and found that YOUR green Classics and MY little "shop mule" probably TOUCHED each other other going down the assembly line ... Go figger. So if anyone ELSE named Chris wants to buy a V.Green Classic with a chassis number of between 500450 and 500499, I'll file a formal protest .... Heeheehee!!   ;) BTW - That was good find on that goofy wiring connector - and an easy fix after all! Thanks for all the valuable input on this.
Mine and CJ's bikes are black. ScooterBob are you wearing your glasses? ;D Mine is 500483, is that number showing a green bike?

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 11:27:48 pm

And mine is 500478.
I guess that even though they are black they should be green eh? (old biker superstition)
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #23 on: October 04, 2009, 01:26:23 am
Green? Did I say green?? I KNEW the 500478 part ..... I did some Dubble Naught Spyin' - Heeheehee!! You know - I'm always tryin' to add two and two and come up with five.  ;D