Author Topic: UPCOMING ATLANTA AREA RIDES  (Read 3901 times)

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
on: September 25, 2009, 10:41:16 pm
Brs. and Srs., please take a look at the information below and hopefully join the gang and your humble correspondent, as we take some of the best ESSES in N. Georgia!

Sunday, Sept. 27 -- GABMA Club Ride
Meet at British & American bike shop (4264 Winters Chapel Road) for a ride to TWO (Two Wheels Only) for lunch. Randy Hewitt has a great route picked out just right for the older bikes.  TWO, in Suches, GA, has a great lunch offering in the $7 range that is sure to please everyone.  Gather at 10AM at the bike shop, probably back by 3PM.

For more info simply click HERE ==> http://www.gabma.us/

Saturday, Nov 7 -- Vintage Bike Swap Meets
That's right, it is swap "meets". Meet at Blue Moon Cycle in Norcross starting about 8:30AM for John Landstrom's annual swap meet. Then after lunch, ride on over to British & American bike shop in Chamblee (4264 Winters Chapel Road) for yet another swap meet starting about noon the same day.

Sunday, Nov 8 -- Vintage Bike Ride
Join John Landstrom for his annual Vintage Bike Ride which is greatly enjoyed by everyone. Meet at Blue Moon Cycle for an exciting mystery ride to somewhere fun.  John pretty much keeps the destination a secret, but everyone always has fun.  Bring plenty of tools along since some riders will be on those "invitations to a breakdown" vintage BMWs.  Note: Your machine must be made before 1983 to participate in this ride but all Bullets qualify, as well.  (I personally spoke with Landsrom about this matter and he readily and gladly agreed to this exception.)

For more info simply click HERE ==> www.bluemooncycle.com[/color]
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 01:35:00 am
Will Perla and entouage be at TWO this sunday?  Will Mr Big be there? 
Run what ya brung

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 03:00:40 am
Yes, Br. Ernie, God and the weather willing, Perla & Co. will revisit TWO on Sunday.  As for the Big(Br.)Don being there, I can tell you that we spoke last Thursday afternoon and he said he'd be joining the group with his Black Beauty!!!

Lastly, I can assure you that the ESSES and cutbacks on GA 60 East (of Suches) are absolute: WOWZAAs!!!

Papa Juan

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 04:58:40 am
Eyoooo- what's that smell?!

Sorry.  That's me trying to think about this.  That's about 3 1/2 hours away from here.
On one hand, I'm so fortunate to be alive rather than a time when that rip would have taken a month.
On the other hand, the people who did that were often fortunate enough to be eaten by bears before they got as brittle as me.
And somewhere in the middle;  I'd have to be on the road by 7AM!
Sprinkled generously on top is that the weather should be perfect.

Did you know that Sherlock Holmes had a brother named Mycroft?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 05:42:18 pm by UncleErnie »
Run what ya brung

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 02:48:39 pm
hahaha. Uncle E sent me an email this am at 8:15 and he is considering heading out to Suches. I hope he is taking a Chris Craft, it's raining hard again. Besides, WRONG DAY ERNIE! If you weren't so cheap and trying to use last years calendar, you'd see it is happening Sunday!. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 02:50:04 pm
Eyoooo- what's that smell?!

Sorry.  That's me trying to think about this.  That's about 3 1/2 hours away from here.
On one hand, I'm so fortunate to be alive rather than a time when that rip would have taken a month.
On the other hand, the people who did that were often fortunate enough to be eaten by bears before they got as brittle as me.
And somewhere in the middle;  I'd have to be on the road by 7AM!
Sprinkled generously on top is that the weather should be perfect.

Well, Br. Ernie, 7 AM is an early pulling out time, for sure... nonetheless, I do hope the weather cooperates... and, more importantly, that we get to press the flesh in Suches at around lunch time!  However, do you have to pull out at 7 AM to be in Suches at noonish?   

Did you know that Shelock Holmes had a brother named Mycroft?

Absolutely!  As a Shelock Holmes aficionado, I have all of the Arthur Conan Doyle stories!

Papa Juan

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 08:18:32 pm
Br. Ernie, this is to let you know that Br. Don is joining me and Graciela for breakfast tomorrow at 8:30 AM at Juan's Truck Stop & Lounge.  Don and I should roll out of the Lounge by-no-later-than 9:00 AM, as we head toward British & American Motorcycle to join the chain gang (no drive shafts in the group) and leave the shop at 10:00 AM. 

I suspect that Randy Hewitt, our Road Captain, will plan on a couple of stops on the way to Suches.  Therefore, I estimate that we should arrive at TWO at TEWELVE (:D).  On behalf of the BigDon, I hope our Uncle and that Blue Rebel do head south in the morning so that we can all converge in Suches for some camaraderie and vittles.  I remind you guys that the password and response are: "I've got the yo yo" and "I've got the string."  ;)

Papa Juan

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 09:47:48 pm
I'm going to use the string to hang myself.  I can't take this weather anymore. 
Run what ya brung

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 03:06:37 pm
So?  Pictures of the event?  Did any end up going?
Run what ya brung

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 12:46:30 am
"So?  Pictures of the event?  Did any end up going?"  UncleErnie

The short answers, Br. Ernie, are:

1. Yes, I hope to post pictures of the event by tomorrow evening along with a report!!!
2. Yes, eight of us went up to Suches and nine of us came back!!!  ;)

Papa Juan

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 01:30:45 am
Somebody had a baby?
Run what ya brung

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 01:43:39 am
Well, Br. Ernie, not quite... but you, in particular, will appreciate the addition after I share the Trip Report and the photos, tomorrow...  :)

Papa Juan