Author Topic: Where do you get those X-ray eyes from?  (Read 2635 times)

Chasfield

• Grand Gearhead
on: September 21, 2009, 05:45:30 pm
I am chugging along a winding road, with high hedges each side, waiting in line for my turn to overtake a meandering cyclist safely. I hear a buzzing in my ears from some way back. A superbike overhauls me and darts in to occupy a good portion of my piece of crumbling black-top. I move closer into the verge so that we don't tangle handlebars (clearly this guy doesn't understand the concept of personal space).

My motor's goin' flobba flobba flob, his is goin' wheeeeeeoow, and we're making 18 miles per hour.

As we approach an absolutely blind bend he down-shifts. His motor puts on an octave (or two) as he overtakes the car in front and the wobbly cyclist all in one go, disappearing around the curve on the wrong side of the road!

???

How do they get away with it? Can they see through solid objects?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 06:16:25 pm by Chasfield »
2001 500 Bullet Deluxe

dogbone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 06:50:47 pm
The basic term is:   Shit for brains   often splattered
99 Enfield Bullet 535
a man isn't drunk,if he can lie on the floor without hanging on

skippy

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 07:25:13 pm
Youth and immortality, I was he many years ago until I learnt crashing causes much pain to both yourself and others, oh and makes you the local bike repair shops best customer. These days I look back at the fool I was and thank my lucky stars that apart from a few broken bones, scrapes and bruises I am still here today and enjoy my biking at a much safer pace.
2008 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Electra,
1992 Moto Guzzi California 3,
1982 Moto Guzzi Imola,
2004 Jaguar x type,

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 08:16:39 pm
There's a twisty stretch near here where several 600 riders act like that.  Every time I go by a certain pull-out, there's always one of them taking a break.  I finally figured out they're a group using radios and the guy taking a break is actually the look-out / flight tower telling them when it's safe to pass on blind curves. 

Spmeone doing that alone is just stupid.  I can't find it now, but there's a nice old british poster of a guy doing that and the warning against it.
Run what ya brung

mbevo1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Mike and Stumpy
Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 08:27:23 pm
In the aviation world, we'd usually find a lotta blood, great quantities of balls, but damn few brains at the crash site... 

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan
'07 Classic - Stumpy
'10 C5 Military - Sherman

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 03:52:37 am
"In the aviation world, we'd usually find a lotta blood, great quantities of balls, but damn few brains at the crash site... "  Mike and Stumpy in Michigan

:D :D :D
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 02:29:30 pm
on blind curves ,i ride way inside. every year someone dies on the wrong side of the road here in these hills.
2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600                       
2015 indian chief vintage
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer