Author Topic: My C5 Engine stalled now it wont start !!!!!!!!  (Read 18521 times)

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #45 on: December 19, 2009, 07:02:55 am
Self inflicted wound should be painful.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

chinoy

• Bulleteer
Reply #46 on: December 20, 2009, 04:50:35 am
Just a quick update.
Indian customers do not get a side stand switch. Its just the clutch s/w.
I tried pulling mine off but if you do that the bike wont start.
Which means Ive got to short a few wires to by-pass it.
So just plugged it back on.
At least now I know whats causing it. So if it cuts or the starter button feels dead. I just pump the clutch a few times and it fires up. My Fuel sensor is still shot. And Im still waiting for the up turned exhaust to land up at the dealer.
The stock Exhaust is absurdly restrictive. And this is with a single cat con.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #47 on: December 20, 2009, 08:54:30 pm
Agreed.
If I had any of that stuff on my bike, it would be yanked-off there by morning.

This is one of the reasons that Old Brit bikes appeal to me - They are NOT made for some soft-handed mamby-pamby whose only requisite for owning a motorcycle is the ability to write a big check. You CAN start it in gear, you CAN ride off with the sidestand down, you CAN let the clutch out and take off because there is no neutral light .... It takes a MOTORCYCLIST to operate one! I had some gnarly skate punk walk up to me on the Norton in a parking lot when I was starting it and say "Cool, dood - That's one of those old bikes that you have to pump up before ride it ....." I about bit the end of my tongue off to keep from laughing at the youngster .....
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #48 on: December 21, 2009, 12:20:41 am
" I about bit the end of my tongue off to keep from laughing at the youngster .....
I keep a rotary dial phone for power outages.
Neighbor kid said "hat phone is kewl,,,, how do you work it ?"
No matter where you go, there, you are.

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #49 on: December 21, 2009, 05:30:18 pm
Perspective, I guess.
I laughed when someone pointed at the bicycle pedal on my kicker and asked what that paddle was for.  Yet- I can't do much with one of these picture boxes besides answer e-mail and read forums. 
Run what ya brung

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #50 on: December 21, 2009, 05:40:54 pm
Perspective, I guess.
I laughed when someone pointed at the bicycle pedal on my kicker and asked what that paddle was for.  Yet- I can't do much with one of these picture boxes besides answer e-mail and read forums. 

I'm right there with ya on that, Ernie. The computer is a tool to me - not a toy. I use what I have to get it DONE .... then get away. Posting here is the closest that I'll come to "recreation" - that and I'm hopelessly addicted to the oh-so-cute-pictures on LOLcats .... Perspective indeed!
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!