Author Topic: Little TLC  (Read 1805 times)

Rick Sperko

• Grand Gearhead
  • Milwaukee, WI
on: September 19, 2009, 02:20:15 am
The bike was dirty, the right blinker stopped working, a new vibration had developed at high rpms, and the gear and primary oil were due to be changed.

I did a good job cleaning it up, found a loose mirror, loose blinker, and loose distributor cover, cleaned everything, tightened it all up, lubed the chain, replaced the oils, fixed the blinker. It was still vibrating, torqued the head and tightened the valve covers, now everything is as it should be. I swear it is pulling stronger than it was when it was dirty, and once again people are yelling "nice bike" as I ride by.

Nothing was hard, but I just needed that quality time with the bike. Now I resent the time I am not riding.

-Rick
Rick in Milwaukee, WI

'06 RE Bullet Classic Iron
'63 VW Beetle Ragtop (also classic)
'66 Chris Craft Cavalier Cutlass 26'
'02 BMW R1150R

Philbomoog

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 10:22:25 am
It defies logic and makes no sense but I know for a fact that 'Grommet' always seems to run better when he's just had a clean and polish.

I always feel better when I've have a shower and shave.

petefletcher

• Bulleteer
  • One Life - Live It
Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 09:58:51 pm
It's you that's running better, not the bike.
Amounts to the same thing though.
2008 350 Classic Bullet
1961 Triumph Cub Trials

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 03:31:45 pm
Unlike all other bikes,Bullets are actually a living creature.That is why they always respond to our kind attentions.They equate our efforts to a showing of affection.Kind of touching,really.

Rick Sperko

• Grand Gearhead
  • Milwaukee, WI
Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 05:31:57 pm
Unlike all other bikes,Bullets are actually a living creature.That is why they always respond to our kind attentions.They equate our efforts to a showing of affection.Kind of touching,really.

I worked on the VW Bug some this weekend and this morning I had an intermittent electrical issue on the Bullet. I believe it was jealousy. Just needed the fuse clip adjusted. Yes I think they are living creatures too.

-Rick
Rick in Milwaukee, WI

'02 BMW R1150R

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 06:56:38 pm
Yes, my dear friends, a Bullet has a heart and, more importantly, a soul, also!!!  And these are the reasons my Lady Bullet, as you know, has a first name of Perla.
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

Rick Sperko

• Grand Gearhead
  • Milwaukee, WI
Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 07:42:04 pm
I worked on the VW Bug some this weekend and this morning I had an intermittent electrical issue on the Bullet. I believe it was jealousy. Just needed the fuse clip adjusted. Yes I think they are living creatures too.

-Rick

I may have spoken too soon. I happened again. Definitely a intermittent electrical problem. Odd it only happens after sitting for a bit, not while riding. Oh, well I will investigate as I get time.

-Rick
Rick in Milwaukee, WI

'02 BMW R1150R

EKThumper

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 11:44:21 am
Mine too.  Seems the bike runs better after a few minutes of quality time.  My wife is not a bit surprised that I talk to my bike.  I think it listens.  Listens way better then the wife.  Or maybe it's because with George I can finish a sentence.
08 Iron Deluxe, 09 Tri-Glide, 00 Sportster...Yard work is for those who don't ride.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 07:15:29 am
My I.B. Bullet runs great and trouble free if ridden regularly.
If I let it set for too long,,,,,then the fun begins.
No matter where you go, there, you are.