Author Topic: USA screenings of film "One Crazy Ride" featuring several Bullets!  (Read 3778 times)

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Indian filmmaker Guarav Jani's second film "One Crazy Ride" will be shown at several screenings around the US starting this month and through November.  Many of you may remember his first film "Riding Solo to the Top of the World."  "One Crazy Ride" is the movie of Guarav and several other members of the 60Kph club trying to ride their Bullets across the Himalayan state of Arunachal Pradesh, through a route that many thought was not possible.  It's a great movie about friends on a journey, and features plenty of great Bulleteering!  I met Guarav last year at a screening of "Riding Solo to the Top of the World" and he is a great guy.  I highly recommend seeing both films, if you haven't already (I own both DVD's).

Those of us in the greater Seattle area have several chances to see the film, and there are also some screenings of "Riding Solo..." being shown as well.  I'll likely be at the October 6th screening in Seattle.  Here's a link to the full listing of screenings (note that most are free):

http://www.dirttrackproductions.com/us-screenings.html#6thoct

Eamon
Eamon

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 09:35:05 pm
No Florida showing....   :(  

I guess I will have to wrangle a DVD someplace.

Update:  Cool trailer...  That bridge at the end is INSANE!

http://www.dirttrackproductions.com/trailers/ridingsolo/index.html#ocr
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 09:44:18 pm by The Garbone »
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 10:03:16 pm
No Florida showing....   :(  

I guess I will have to wrangle a DVD someplace.

Update:  Cool trailer...  That bridge at the end is INSANE!

http://www.dirttrackproductions.com/trailers/ridingsolo/index.html#ocr

Yeah, isn't that scene awesome?  Rope bridge + motorcycle = SCARY!!!
You can order the DVD directly from the Dirt Track Productions website.  If you're like me, you'll watch it more than once, so it's quite worth it.

Eamon
Eamon

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 12:09:10 am
Hey Uncle Ernie- it's playing in Asheville!!
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 01:19:44 am
And for 2 exciting action-packed days!

Maybe... Apparently they don't know where?!
Run what ya brung

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
I wanted to remind all Seattle/Everett area folks that today and the next several days have screenings to this great movie.  Gaurav Jani, the director will be in attendance, and he is a great fellow.  Here is the schedule for the area shows (all free except for the Seattle show).  Note that tonight's screening is for his first (equally as good) movie "Riding Solo to the Top of the World."

RIDING SOLO TO THE TOP OF THE WORLD
4th October Edmonds, WA Venue North Sound Church, 404 Bell Street, Edmonds, WA 98020, USA Time 6:30 pm Phone 425-776-9800

ONE CRAZY RIDE
5th October Edmonds, WA Venue North Sound Church, 404 Bell Street, Edmonds, WA 98020, USA Time 6:30 pm Phone 425-776-9800

ONE CRAZY RIDE
6th October Seattle, WA Venue Fremont Abbey Arts Center, Great Hall, 2nd Floor, 4272 Fremont Ave N, Seattle WA, USA Time 6:00 pm Phone 206-922-3618 Ticket Charge: $5

ONE CRAZY RIDE
7th October Everett, WA Venue Old Strokers, 2816 Hewitt Ave, Everett, WA 98201 Time 7:00 pm Phone 425 252 5640

I'll definitely be at Tuesday's screening in Fremont.  You won't be disappointed if you come!

Eamon
Eamon

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
  Ha. I should ride my Bullet up to the one in Fremont. Now that I am a man of leisure/house husband/kept man (translation:laid off!!) I don't have to worry about getting up for work in the morning.

Jon in Puyallup, Wa. USA
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
  Ha. I should ride my Bullet up to the one in Fremont. Now that I am a man of leisure/house husband/kept man (translation:laid off!!) I don't have to worry about getting up for work in the morning.

Jon in Puyallup, Wa. USA

My brother and I will be riding our Bullets to the show, although we don't have nearly as far to go as riding from Puyallup!  Sorry to hear about you getting laid off, Jon.  You've got plenty of company these days.  My wife went through unemployment until it ran out without being able to get another comparable job, and has ended up with a string of little jobs that still don't add up to nearly what she used to make.  The part about not having to get up for work in the morning is nice though!

I look forward to meeting you if you come!

Eamon
Eamon

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Eamon,
How was the show?

2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Eamon,
How was the show?

I didn't go to the screening last night, but am going to the one tonight.  Gaurav and I have been exchanging emails and I'm looking forward to seeing him again.  Last night I went to see Bob Dylan play.  You never know what you're going to get with Bob, but last night was fantastic!  He was very animated and into it, plus Charlie Sexton is back in his band on guitar again.

The Seattle screening is tonight and I know of at least a couple other forum members who are likely going, so come on down and I'll see you there Seattle area folks!

Eamon
Eamon

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Thanks,
If you give it a thumps up, I will add it to my eBay RE DVD wish list. :) :
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
  Well, I rode my 2007 Bullet Classic from my place in Puyallup, to the Fremont area of Seattle to make the screening of this movie. It was movie that I really enjoyed. They rode Enfield Bullets to an extremely remote area in India. What an adventure that was. And while I have ridden some pretty rough dirt road and trails off road, I didn't do it with huge amounts of fuel, provisions,spare parts, and full camping gear on the bike! Looked like, at least some of the Bullets, were AVLs.Gaurav and his friends are true adventure seekers. Not only did I get to meet our own Eamon, but he introduced me to Gaurav too.
    Sorry I didn't say goodbye, Eamon. I stayed for most of the Q&A, but then figured I'd better hit it on home. Turned out to be an 87 mile round trip for me. And while I've ridden my green Bullet through the mean streets of Puyallup, I'd never been in the hard core downtown areas in Seattle before (at least on the Bullet). I think I put a total of about 135 miles on the Bullet today.
    The room was quite full at the movie, and there were lots of folks riding "adventure" bikes tonight: KLR650s, KLR250s, BMW and KTM adventure bikes,Yamaha dual sports,and some cool cafe' bikes. Three of us rode our Enfields.Eamon, myslef, and a friend of Eamons that I didn't get to meet.
    I haven't seen Gauravs first movie yet, so I'll be in for a treat.

Jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
HI Jon, it was nice to finally meet you.  The other guy on the Enfield was Barry, who posts here occasionally under the name Greenolive (he rides one of the military models).

To anyone who has seen the dvd already and might have a screening near your area - not only is Gaurav at the screenings, so is Sobby from the movie.  I got to meet him as well last night.  They are both great guys with real adventurous spirits.  I love the motto of their motorcycle club 60Kph, "Romancing the Roads."

Eamon
Eamon