Author Topic: And it's going to be made in INDIA !!!  (Read 4606 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
on: September 16, 2009, 04:32:20 pm
Cagiva has been working on a larger street version of their "Mito" sportbike for a while now, and it's been thru a a variety of configurations.

For those who don't know, Cagiva is the parent company of MV Agusta, and a few other Italian motorcycle/scooter companies.

It seems that the project is still slowly moving ahead, and it's looking like the new Mito will be a 650 twin, with an engine based on the Hyosung(United Motors) clone of the Suzuki SV650 powerplant. A v-twin 650, with 79hp.

The development project is said to be slated for production in India, and all the companies involved have some presence in India already.
This would help to keep the costs down too.

The bike bears a striking resemblance to the Ducati 916, and that is because it was designed by the same person, Massimo Tamburini, who designed the Bimota, the Ducati 916,996,998, and the MV Agusta current lineup. The "grand master" of motorcycle design, himself.
It may be a couple of years before this bike actually gets into production.

Here's a pic of the older 500 Mito, and the 650 v-twin should look about the same.

Home of the Fireball 535 !

dogbone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 04:38:16 pm
" Who'll take the lady with the skinny legs ",,,and the bike looks ok too !!! ::)
99 Enfield Bullet 535
a man isn't drunk,if he can lie on the floor without hanging on

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 04:52:25 pm
Great news, Br. Ace!!!  We can surmise, based on the very tired looking model that adorns the bike, that you were at that show!  The lady was, through her pose, saying: That man is an Ace in the saddle!!!

All kidding aside, Tom, I know the National Service VP for Hyosung here in the ATL.  His name is Chis Birkle (A).  He -- a very honest and unassuming man who was born with a wrench in his hand -- raves about the Hyosung 650 cc engine!

Note A: A scant few years back, Chris -- whom everybody in the motorcycle arena knows as "Hippie" -- was among the top three Ducati mechanics in the nation.  In addition and for quite a number of years, he has also been building (prepping) racing engines.
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 05:09:06 pm
Have you seen the Sachs madass 500? Google it and look closely at the engine :o
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 05:12:11 pm by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 05:29:58 pm
For those who don't know, Cagiva is the parent company of MV Agusta, and a few other Italian motorcycle/scooter companies.

I was under the impression that MV Agusta owned Cagiva and Harley Davidson ended up both of them when they bought MV Agusta.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/11/officially-official-harley-davidson-purchases-mv-agusta-cagiva/

I'll go for the skinny legs long before I'll go for the plastic motorcycle.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 06:45:15 pm
And here's a link to the SACHS MADASS 500cc scoot with the RE IB engine:

http://www.madass-forum.de/index.php?p=gallerypic&img_id=219&galid=23&area=1
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 08:42:33 pm
I was under the impression that MV Agusta owned Cagiva and Harley Davidson ended up both of them when they bought MV Agusta.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/11/officially-official-harley-davidson-purchases-mv-agusta-cagiva/

I'll go for the skinny legs long before I'll go for the plastic motorcycle.
CJ

I don't know for sure, but I thought Cagiva was the parent company.
But, they've re-organized several times, so I don't know how all the details shook out.

Anyway, I hope they come out of it all right.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 08:47:37 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 09:02:41 pm
I don't know for sure, but I thought Cagiva was the parent company.
But, they've re-organized several times, so I don't know how all the details shook out.

Anyway, I hope they come out of it all right.

Harley Davidson worked out a deal in India a few months back to start selling HD's in India. Since India has kind of a protectionist stance about things that get sold there this might be part of that deal.

Me, I would rather buy things made in India than junk made in China.
At least India is a friend of ours (and don't even have a reason to be!). If we were halfway smart we should of made them rich rather than the Chinese.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"