Author Topic: Suggestions needed for the best model to convert to the cafe racer or cont kit?  (Read 3604 times)

Cafe Racer

• Scooter
 I will be purchasing my first RE pretty soon. I love the looks of the RE bikes. I would like to also purchase the cont kit or cafe racer kit for it as well. But I needs some expert opinions as to what model is best for this conversion? I have spoken with a dealer here in N.C. and he has a new 2006 Sixty five at a great price. But I don't know if the kits would work on this model?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Chris,
Royal Enfield Newbie

No matter where you go! There you are.

deejay

I will be purchasing my first RE pretty soon. I love the looks of the RE bikes. I would like to also purchase the cont kit or cafe racer kit for it as well. But I needs some expert opinions as to what model is best for this conversion? I have spoken with a dealer here in N.C. and he has a new 2006 Sixty five at a great price. But I don't know if the kits would work on this model?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Chris,

Best bikes to do the cafe racer kits would be either the Classic or the Sixty 5. The only difference between the two are tank, fenders, gators, and (rear shocks?). Whichever you can get a better deal on go for it.

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
If you really, really, really, want a cool RE cafe racer. Buy an old Interceptor and cafe it out. It will even give the old Nortons a run for their money with mid 13 second E.T.s and about 125-130 mph top end. One of the fastest old Brit bikes ever built......Dew.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!