Author Topic: UCE Ride to Hawaii  (Read 1924 times)

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
on: September 05, 2009, 06:35:17 pm
One Saturday afternoon, a man from Seattle is out riding his new shinning UCE RE motorcycle through the back roads of Washington enjoying the sunshine and scenery.  As it happens, he is a very good man, always helping others, always kind to strangers, giving money to families in need, volunteering with local food back and generally trying to be the best person he can be, every day.

Shortly after stopping his motorcycle at a rest stop, he hears a booming voice that seems to come from nowhere call his name "John ! John !!.  "Yes ?" he answered.  "It is I, your God" says the voice.  "you have done much good in the world and I want to reward you.  Aske me for anything."

John doesn't hesitat a moment. "Tell you what, God", he says, "could you arrange to build a bridge from Seattle to Hawaii ?  See, I really love to ride my motorcycle, and it would be a hoot to drive to Hawaii on my vacation."

"WHAT !" booms the voice.  "Do you know how difficult that would be, how expensive that would be ? A bridge crossing the ocean - it is almost impossible !  Be reasonable !  Couldn't you ask for something more sensible and perhaps less selfish ?" 

John lowers his head in shame and ponders God's words. "Yes, you are right, God, I see your point."  He thinks for a while and says "OK, God. I think it would be better if you could make me an excellent husband.  I wish I could understand women so that when my wife is upset, I would understand why, and I would be able to say the right thing to make her happy agian. Yes, that's all I want, God."

There is long silence. John looks around him.  He hears nothing. John looks up at the sky and asks, "God, are you still there ?' 

"I was just thinking ..." says God, "would you like the bridge to have two lanes or four ?"   ;D
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

icarus

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 12:56:55 am
Great story!
1947 FN M13
1997 Honda Africa Twin XRV750
2007 Indian Bullet Electra 5S  which I travelled with in Nepal and India.
2008 Honda Transalp XL700V
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100