Author Topic: Spotted 2 Re/Cozy rigs at the same time!  (Read 4812 times)

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
on: October 26, 2007, 12:14:37 am
Spent last wk in Branson, MO. We were on a wifey trip to see the shows!

It was early evening and we were stopped at a red light. All of a sudden I saw two RE-500's w/Cozy (canoe style) side cars come over the hill, heading in the opposite direction. I had the strongest desire to turn around and follow them. No way!   :'(  At least the drivers/"monkey's" were enjoying themselves.  :D

Do you realize how small/narrow some of those theater seats are!   ::)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 12:16:17 am by VMAX »
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 12:21:47 am
Cool, I have never managed to see a cozy combo rolling. Seen two standing still, no owners in sight.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 02:04:29 am
I was very surprised. Never expected to see two outfits at one time. I still wish I could talked to those folks.
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

willbarter

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 06:28:35 am
Thats great, I've never seen another Cozy on the road  around these parts.
 This summer I spotted a Ural Retro twice, once going the opposite direction while in a car and on a cross street while on the Enfield. A sharp looking bike!  I would like to catch up with him to ask about Urals, been thinking about adding a Patrol for  touring and light off roading. Mabe this week. I plan on a lot of riding before having to return to work Nov. 5, sadly my knee replacement vacation is commimg to an end. 
  Don
'02 Classic with Cozy Rocket sidecar. Branford CT
"Ride like lightning, Crash like thunder."

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 10:17:41 am
If you only want to do light off roading, you don't need the Patrol - a Tourist will go most anywhere you want. I have 2wd on my Ural, and don't use if often - my idea of off road riding is anything but light.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

willbarter

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 02:58:16 am
Good to know the 2WD is not necessary, save a few bucks on the price as well.
 Don
'02 Classic with Cozy Rocket sidecar. Branford CT
"Ride like lightning, Crash like thunder."

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 11:22:32 am
I was working out last night, that the $3k spent on my 2wd has been money that could maybe have been used elsewhere, as I have only needed the 2wd on none aggressive trips, once. I discounted the 50 mile expeditions up dry washes in the desert, and following gravel beds - I would not have tried them without 2wd, but just going for a ride, I have needed it once, to get out of sand. For simple dirt road, fire break, forest road and rail access roads the two wheel drive is not needed.

It may help this winter - my first with the Ural in a snow area.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
Jefferson County, WA