Author Topic: 5000 miles  (Read 2108 times)

sqf

• Bulleteer
  • 07' Military-solo seat, elec ignition
on: August 30, 2009, 06:31:35 am
Well, it has come so fast, yet not fast enough!  It was last father's day that I received my 2007 Military, Iron Bullet with 273 miles on it!  Through many rainy days, some snowy days and the infrequent sunny days (It is officially sunny 200 days of the year) I just broke 5000 miles.  The longest period I have gone without riding is six weeks only because I was out of state for that long.  Besides that trip the longest I went, even in winter, was 3 weeks.  I must say, I have gone from not even knowing what a Royal Enfield was, to a life ling Enfield owner!  The bike has been a dream, in 5k I have had many oil changes, monthly tappet checks (although now I can hear when they need attention by the unusual clatter), two chain adjustments (not primary, it was always fine), weekly cable lubes, one neglect induced flat rear tire (from riding without checking it after that six week trip).  I must say, being that the Enfield is my daily driver by choice seems to help it.  With the risk of jinxing myself I think that this is a bike that needs to be ridden.  When it sits is when problems creep up.  I read the major problems, the horror stories of bikes that self destruct and I read the stories of success.  The one thing I pick up (at least from my point of view) is that the people who actually ride them frequently and check the little things have had no major problems.  The ones that go out once a months are less fortunate. 
Fir Na Dli

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 03:54:16 pm
Your are correct sir!  The more you ride them the better they run.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 04:45:26 pm
Congratulations!
That's a good milestone.

Wishing many more miles full of smiles for you and your Bullet.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 08:53:22 pm
Br. S, I send you my heartfelt...

... CONGRADULATIONS!!![/b
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla