Author Topic: Newbie checking in....  (Read 12041 times)

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 08:19:06 pm

Still another Newby. I just purchased a 2003 RE Bullet. I have ridden for 45 years, just retiring from my Suzuki Bandit 1200S go fast machine. I want to slow down a bit and enjoy the scenery. I live in the South Bay area of Northern CA. We have lots of freeways (superslabs), and lots of twisties as well. I have been a long distance rider on my 1993 BMW K1100LT, am wondering how the Bullet does for distance and speed? I have noticed a few upgrading or at least changing to a larger counter. When I get a chance I'll out in some pics of my new steed.

Welcome Corki!

Having the 1200S and K1100LT in the same context as the Bullet just ain't right....

With your experience, I'm sure we won't tell you anything that you don't already know or at least suspect!

Content yourself with relaxed rides at 55 and lean, Lean, LEAN! They may not be fast, but they sure are fun.  ;D

You're probably already becoming reacquainted with all that routine maintenance which was unnecessary or that you were able to ignore on your Bandit. Zen and the Art....

Looking forward to the pix.

Matt

Corki

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 06:53:51 am
Have been doing my share of knee draggin, but at 62 time to enjoy the scenery.
The Price of Freedom is written on the WALL
1993 BMW K1100LT
2003 RE Bullet

dash8

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 08:06:07 am
I'm new to this forum and just wanted to say hello. I own a 2001 military bullet. I percased from a friend who retired from work. The mods to my enfield were installed by my friend and Jim at Raceway in Salem Oregon. 535 big bore kit, Carrillo rod. alpha bearing, heads reworked by Jim at Raceway, high out put oil pump, 18 tooth sprocket, new open exhaust. I installed a new carb, seat 7 inch headlight kit. Future upgrades will be new wider tires front and rear. I've owned 7 bikes before this one and I have to say the enfield is my pride and joy. I do commute with this bike about 11 miles going about 55 to 65 miles per hour to work and it gets pretty sporty going over the Glen Jackson Bridge to Oregon. I'm toying with the idea of getting another bike for highway travel. Every time I go to the dealer to look at a new bike I allways compare it to my enfield. I just love the bike.

LJRead

Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 05:51:12 pm
Jeez Dew, you had me going for a few minutes on this one.  A newbie with over 300 posts already, good going!

Some great posts here, thanks for thinking of us, Dew.

100 mpg?

Larry

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 12:04:18 am
Yep, over 300 miles per tank. You must have gotten to this party late, I posted this months ago.......Dew.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!