Author Topic: Metro NY dealer intelligence  (Read 2912 times)

wmjosel

• Scooter
on: August 25, 2009, 07:19:56 pm
I'm newly-registered although I've been peering in on the forum for a few months and value the insights and information.
I am hoping to pull the trigger and buy my first bike in the next several months (digging the G5 Military).  Does anyone have any experience--good, bad or indifferent--with any RE dealers in the Metro NY area, including UK Motorsports on LI?  Also, any thoughts on dealing with dealers long distance? 
Thx in advance.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 01:16:21 am
I don't know your area.

Some general thoughts.

1) Visit your local dealer, see if you like the shop.
2) Do what your doing now ask around.
3) If the store looks like one that I recently visited, I would have no problem shopping long distance.
  This store is registered as a a new store RE dealer: I went to see the new RE's, -----not a single RE on the floor, --not a single RE poster on the wall. I guess this is  one of their many "add-on business".
 I could order  gold mining equipment and a new RE from this store.

If you run across someone like that I would consider looking long distance.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

doomed1

• The Pirate King
  • Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 02:49:44 am
if you're in the city, UK Motorsports is your best bet. I've had a few conversations with them to help me out with some details on what i'm getting, so they're good guys to work with.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 04:33:35 am
Hello ! and welcome aboard wmjosel  < thumbs up >

Check your local dealers in person even if they are a couple hours drive. A good dealer makes a world of difference. A good relationship with that dealer only sweetens the tea as so to speak
 If you wind up needing a long distance dealer I can vouch for Vince's motorcycle store out here in Washington State. I am sure other members in other states have dealers that they would recommend for a long distance dealer.

Keep the shiny side up,
Ice

No matter where you go, there, you are.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 04:48:05 am
If you looking for the best price in our area,( i'm in north jersey), or for that matter, any area. Than motorcycle wharehouse on Rt 46 in Belvidier NJ  is your best bet.I' m not blowing there horn, but thats what i've found. I paid list price,plus tax, thats it. no prep charge, no frieght charge. Cash. as far as I khow that is the deal for everyone, any bike. Mine is a new c5, the last one in our area until October,so i'm told. And if you have been following this section of the forum, you'll see there not easy to come by. They could of got a higher price for someone who had to have it now. Good guys to deal with,  very easy transaction, no bs.
 Now that being said, for me price was the most importent. the bike has a 2 year warrenty, I could take it to any dealer I want for warrenty work. I am a bike builder/machanic,so bells and whistes like you see at a Harley dealer are not a big must for me. I would take it back to mcwharehouse, if I had to, Like the guys, spoke to the machanic.But it is not a Harley or powersports like super store by any means. It is a small dealer/ repair shop. And thats ok.

I stopped in Uk motorports when i was out on the island, a very nice facility, very large showroom, multiple brands, many Enfields on the floor. A supersore  if you will. I emailed them, a few days before I went out there, never replied.

I checked with dealers in other states,some good prices,but the guys on RT 46 where the best.Again I never met the guys before I bought the bike, this is just the expierience that ive' had. No b.s.,Jersey style if you will. The way I like it. Good luck, and let me khow how you make out, Dan.   P.S. Dude the military is awsome.
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

csbdr

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 12:55:33 pm
Not in NYC  but M&S Cycles in Schenectady ( well, technically he's in Glenville...) is AWESOME!!  Steve's place at it's heart is a shop which services and restores  vintage British and jap bkes, so he knows these inside and out, plus he's a great guy.  Worth the drive.