Author Topic: crappy summer  (Read 8947 times)

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 11:25:42 pm
The Sons Of Malarky had a huge turn-out.  Everyone asked about the Whealtor because they were looking to invest in real estate now that prices have dropped.  Sorry I didn't have any of your cards...

I thought it would be cooler up there, so I wore a shirt.  As the bike got higher, my temperature did too.  AFter ordering, it took a long time to get our food because of all the people.  By the time mine got to me, I took one bite and felt like tossing my cookies.  The whole time I was fantasizing about getting warm in bed.  
Outside, someone pointed and said, "Guess what Uncle Ernie is riding?"  Some pointed and laughed as most went over to Bob's Buell and asked about it.  

Ernie,
I was going to brave the fog and go up there, but I wasn't sure which bike you had. I didn't want to let the air out of the wrong person's tires. :'(

« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 01:18:19 am by Blue Ridge Wheeltor »
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 01:20:32 am
Ernie,
Are you sure the squirrels weren't after you? :o

I would have bought you breakfast. I had coupons for McDonalds. They have the 2 for $2 special running. If I get you to order, we'll get the super senile citizen dscount too. ;)
REA #25
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 01:26:31 am
uh-huh... After all your stalking and pouring over earial photos, I owuld think you have every detail of my bikes memorized by now.

Not buying it.   You know, the other day coming back from your house I stopped several neighbors and none of them have ever seen you on a motorcycle.
Run what ya brung

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 01:30:49 am
We had an abnormally wet summer. Seemed as if it was raining every time I wanted to go out.
That really limited my riding, since I generally don't go out to ride in the rain.

However, I did get alot of product development and testing done, and there was sufficient time for me to go out for the testing rides, at least.

I'll bet I got no more than 500 miles on my bike this summer. Haven't checked my odometer, but it probably wan't much more than that, if any.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 01:33:10 am
The neighbors never saw me on a bike, because I ride like the wind. They may hear a faint  "wow-zaaaaaaaa" from time to time, but I can't be seen. I have to slow down though. It seems the airport has picked me up a few times on their radar. They thought it was a jet.

I had to take the bar end mirrors off. I corner so tight, I had to put rollers on the end of the bars.

wowzaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, awaaaaaaaaay
REA #25
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 02:11:05 am
Br. Blue, are you trying to tell us you're an Ace in the saddle?  :D
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

dogbone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 09:37:31 pm
I missed Mid Ohio this year, due to the peckerhead weathermen. They make you think there will be a flood (start building the arc) then it turns out Beeautifulllll.
At least this year Old Frothingslosh didn't break.  Got a few trips to Geneva On the Lake, and rode to work 25 times.   
Iff'n I weren't a yankee, I'd move to a nicer climate.
99 Enfield Bullet 535
a man isn't drunk,if he can lie on the floor without hanging on

LJRead

• He who learns to live with little or nothing has everything.
  • Grease Monkey
  • Enjoy life in the slow lane
Reply #22 on: August 28, 2009, 06:13:58 am
I'm now into the first quarter of my second year of R E ownership and enjoying it very much.  It is winter down here and that is the best riding season since it rains little and is somewhat cooler (70 degrees instead of 80 or 90).  I would have thought by now that I would be bored by it since every ride is about the same, riding through a sort of green garden and seeing much the same sights, but I guess I am set enough in my ways to not be bothered by it.  I just enjoy.

What is always refreshing is to get to town and deal with all the nice people there.  Good, positive vibes.

Chinese have a deep seated belief that when things go good, look for something bad to happen and vice versa, so all of you who had bad summer  may be having a nice autumn coming up. Let's hope so.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 06:16:03 am by LJRead »
Lawrence J. Read
Vava'u
Tonga Islands
South Pacific

2002 Machismo, 2003 RE rickshaw with Thunderbird base

Chasfield

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: August 28, 2009, 09:33:22 am
The neighbors never saw me on a bike, because I ride like the wind. They may hear a faint  "wow-zaaaaaaaa" from time to time, but I can't be seen. I have to slow down though. It seems the airport has picked me up a few times on their radar. They thought it was a jet.

I had to take the bar end mirrors off. I corner so tight, I had to put rollers on the end of the bars.

I just gotta get one of those 20 tooth front sprockets!
2001 500 Bullet Deluxe

rideOn

• Grand Gearhead
  • And on the eighth day, God said...."Let's Ride."
Reply #24 on: August 28, 2009, 10:57:39 am
sounds like less than a terrific riding season for many. i guess i shouldn't mention i rode almost every day here near myrtle beach, including a ride to surfside beach. most of the riding was on my suzuki, though, after my classic failed on a ride in july.
'82 gs850gl
'08 v-star 650 classic

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #25 on: August 28, 2009, 11:26:09 am
  I can say without a doubt I just completed the longest fear ride I've ever been on.  4AM, and so foggy I couldn't see three feet in front of me.  Luckiliy it was only 15 miles from work to home.  What I would have gave for a set of KC daylighters to burn through the fog.  Will.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #26 on: August 28, 2009, 11:56:17 pm
The neighbors never saw me on a bike, because I ride like the wind. They may hear a faint  "wow-zaaaaaaaa" from time to time, but I can't be seen. I have to slow down though. It seems the airport has picked me up a few times on their radar. They thought it was a jet.

BR. Blue Ridge Wheeltor , IMHO your not riding fast, Just flying really low  ;D ;D ;D ;D
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Lahti35

• Currently Enfield-less!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • The Department of Redundancy Deptartment.
Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 01:07:34 am
I mow the lawn and i hit patches of mushrooms. I don't like getting wet anymore, if I don't have to.

I've got those too here in Michigan.....been raining here at my joint for 3 days now. No sun really messes with my head.
'03 Ex-Electric start 500....gone but not forgotten...

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!