Author Topic: Luggage (mount brakets) for C5  (Read 3215 times)

Lmundy

• Scooter
on: August 25, 2009, 06:37:08 pm
Somebody's probably asked this in one of the Store forums or even here, but I can't find it.  I understand the G5 is pretty much an Electra frame but that the C5 frame is something else altogether, and I take it from the catalog that there just aren't any brackets yet that will let me make my C5 (which is supposedly trying its damnedest to clear customs this week) a bagger?  There are all these lovely vintage-look leather bags in the Store here, but I don't know whether any of them will eventually fit, and I plan to ride the bike far enough that I will need to haul along some stuff (you know, cognac, spare underwear, drugs, racy photos, can of SeaFoam, ham sandwich . . . the usual).  Has anyone investigated this or been able to make an Electra mount fit using only a heavy mallet and some curse words?  This is even more important to me than replacement of the humongous stock exhaust, although when that can comes off I plan to install a door and store all my lawn implements in it . . .

Lmundy

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 06:38:20 pm
Well, crap.  The spell-checker doesn't scan the subject line?
BRACKETS.

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 07:51:41 pm
The C5 appears to have the same style of mudguard carriers/saddlebag guards that the traditional iron barrel bikes has.  You shouldn't need anything like the G5/Electra saddlebag guards - it should be ready to go as is.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the way the pictures appear.

Eamon
Eamon

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 10:28:52 pm
there is a mounting point on the iron barrels fender support that is not on the C5.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 04:39:28 am
there is a mounting point on the iron barrels fender support that is not on the C5.

Do you think the I.B. fender supports will fit ? Does it look like the C5  fender supports can be modified to suit or an adapter bracket made ?
No matter where you go, there, you are.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 04:59:24 am
  Hay, who cares about the luggage rack , this guys pretty funny.
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.