Author Topic: Pinstripes  (Read 3908 times)

Land Surveyor

• Bulleteer
on: September 18, 2009, 03:09:27 am
Can anyone tell me if the new G5 (not the G5 deluxe) has pinstripes on both the tank and the fenders as pictured in the BIKES section?  I was browsing about looking at pictures on the UK site and theirs looks to be much plainer.

Bullet Bill

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 03:45:45 am
If you're buying in the U.S., go by the pictures on this website.  The U.K. G-5  more closely resembles the Electra-X, including the lack of pinstripes. 
There's something that doesn't make sense... let's go and poke it with a stick.

Land Surveyor

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 04:07:00 am
Good.  So even the "plain Jane" G5 has something unique.  Makes it even harder to decide.
I just don't like the look of those funky chrome plate thingies next to the side covers.  What are those, anyway?

Chris-G5

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 05:47:21 am
Yes, the G5 Classic has pinstripes on the tank and the fenders. The right chrome cover has the tool bag in it and the left has some electrical connections. They do stand out a little too much, probably would have been better if they were black.

Land Surveyor

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 04:15:22 pm
Oooooh, izzat yours?  Nice! And you added the sprung seat, too!  I think you've kitted yours out exactly like I would.  Good pic, thanks.

Chris-G5

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 12:37:11 am
Yeah, thanks. I was going for a more vintage look then the stock G5. I probably would have got a C5 if they were available at the time I bought mine. The only thing I don't like about the C5 is the colored frame on the teal and red ones. I would have gotten a black one anyway. I love my G5 though. It gets a lot of attention, "What year is that?", "Who makes that?" I always point to  Royal Enfield on the tank, "Never heard of them"  :D

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 03:21:29 pm
Yes, the G5 Classic has pinstripes on the tank and the fenders. The right chrome cover has the tool bag in it and the left has some electrical connections. They do stand out a little too much, probably would have been better if they were black.

Just for the record - CMW has PLENTY of the matte black "hot dog dishes" for the bikes to ease the eye strain of the chrome ones. The parts numbers are 146110/A and 146111/A for the left and right ones.
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Alaroyal

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 03:42:54 pm
Hoping not to sound too cheeky, I'll just say that Wal-Mart has plenty of flat, semi gloss, and gloss black paint that will be  just what the Dr. ordered for those chrome covers.
Dave

"The reason most people don't recognize opportunity when it knocks, is because opportunity almost wears work clothes."

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 03:47:48 pm
Hoping not to sound too cheeky, I'll just say that Wal-Mart has plenty of flat, semi gloss, and gloss black paint that will be  just what the Dr. ordered for those chrome covers.

But you KNOW a fellow might chip a nail whilst shaking a rattle can ......  ;D
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Alaroyal

• Bulleteer
Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 10:52:39 pm
But you KNOW a fellow might chip a nail whilst shaking a rattle can ......  ;D

You're right, Bob, how could I forget that!!!  ;D
Dave

"The reason most people don't recognize opportunity when it knocks, is because opportunity almost wears work clothes."