Author Topic: fuel filter installation, glass bowl type  (Read 7455 times)

KDUSSEAU

• Neophyte
on: October 22, 2007, 06:23:13 pm
Does anyone know how to install the glass bowl fuel filter sold in the catalog? thanks, ken@kendusseaucpa.com

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 03:59:02 pm
Get a longer fuel line and cut it where there is room for the filter. Install filter and other half of fuel line. It is done. I bought one of these for my bike, when it came the top was plastic and not metal. I bought a metal and glass fuel filter at the auto parts store and am going to use it instead......Dew.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!

willbarter

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 04:03:33 am
I installed mine using a brass 90 degree 1/4 inch elbow and an extra long piece of 1/4  blue polyurethane fuel line from Denniskirk.com. Had to use a bit of regular black reinforced fuel line off the petcock for good clamping. The poly hose is flexable enough to fit over the slightly larger filter in and outlets. In addition the extra hose allows the carb to remain connected to the gas tank for quick float bowl flushing and to confirm fuel flow as well as quick jet changes. If the link works here is a photo - http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa65/willbarter/Royal%20Enfield/fuelfilter.jpg

good luck, Don
'02 Classic with Cozy Rocket sidecar. Branford CT
"Ride like lightning, Crash like thunder."