Author Topic: To the sea  (Read 9333 times)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 10:53:16 pm
Oh yeah, from Greenbriar just head north, the roads will get good in a few minutes!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 10:58:20 pm
Blackwolf, your razorback story reminds me of a near miss I had with a bobcat while riding through the black canyon of the gunnison in Colorado. He came flying down a bluff in front of me, when we got within inches of each other he reversed directions and went back up the mountain, I thought he was going to jump over my bike. I had no place to go, straight up or straight down on either side.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 03:44:23 am
  I met Mr. Pig coming around a bend in the road, he was already investigating some tasty tidbit of road kill and I surprised him.  Can't really say who was more surprised me or him.  Just knew I didn't want to swing that huge Gold Wing around basically in it's own length.  And I guess what was worse was the copious lack of larger motor vehicle traffic.  Guess encounters with wild critters is never good.  Will.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

HRAB

• I should really edit this
  • Grease Monkey
  • Been there, doin' more...God willing
Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 03:48:34 am
Had a friend, a construction dynamiter, who managed, by arrangement with his boss, to get himself and a couple friends laid off at the beginning of deer hunting season each year.  Kevin is a good guy, isn't he?

Kevin is a great guy. The circumstances were financial, not personal. I would work for him again in a heartbeat. It had to do with Faribo Powersports, not Classic Motorworks, so no worries there.
jim
BMWMOA www.bmwmoa.com
Iron Butt Association www.ironbutt.com/about/default.cfm
(Formerly) CRA# 118N www.cra-mn.com (I got smarter in old age)
74 Honda XL350 'Scoot'
81 Honda CB650C
86 Gold Wing with California Sidecar
00 Honda ST1100 'Large Marge'

HRAB

• I should really edit this
  • Grease Monkey
  • Been there, doin' more...God willing
Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 03:51:27 am
Oh yeah, from Greenbriar just head north, the roads will get good in a few minutes!

I wish I could remember the route, but I drove (the co. Car many years ago) from Little Rock to I-35 and North to home. I still remember the part over the mountains as being particularly beautiful.
jim
BMWMOA www.bmwmoa.com
Iron Butt Association www.ironbutt.com/about/default.cfm
(Formerly) CRA# 118N www.cra-mn.com (I got smarter in old age)
74 Honda XL350 'Scoot'
81 Honda CB650C
86 Gold Wing with California Sidecar
00 Honda ST1100 'Large Marge'