Author Topic: Nice Looking Electra X  (Read 5618 times)

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
on: October 21, 2007, 01:58:42 am
From over on the Hitchcock's site (actually it pointed to Lonely Bob's Site):

http://tinytim.forumcircle.com/viewtopic.php?t=513

Matt

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 04:04:44 am
nice.. but black is faster 8)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 04:15:15 am by scotty »

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 06:53:49 am
That is a very striking bike, very nice.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

jonapplegate

• Grand Gearhead
  • you stand tall when you stoop to help
Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 05:21:44 am
I love that color. My Dealer has/had a sixty-five with I believe the same color of red and the solid painted gas tank. I wish the classic had that option.

Kiwichick

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 06:29:22 pm
Oh man, that is nice.

Having had my electra for all of 10 days, I already feel the need to begin considering also owning a classic!

These photos really reinforce my thinking that REs are really ideally suited to being owned and ridden by gilrs.  In fact, when showing it off in the weekend, a friend said "hey - it's a girls bike".

Now I wouldn't go that far  ;D   but  there are features that suit us fairer sex:
- it is low - I'm not tall, but feet flat on the ground either side
- low centre of gravity, so easy to handle
- damned pretty!
- not a speedster - and maybe it's more of a lad thing to be addicted to speed!!

But how many women owners are out there?  Why not more, do you think?  Is it the constant threat of massive maintenance?

Biddy
PS - my "it's a girl's bike" friend is now seriously considering buying one, so I forgave her!

tanker

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 07:16:24 pm
This is my very first post, reply or otherwise, but felt I had to comment on this one.  I am a real newbie, both to RE and motorcycles.  It's that midlife crisis thing and just last weekend I put a deposit on an '06 Electra X that is just the color shown in the link that started this thread.  I have been reading the comments on various posts and have been most impressed by the help that is available.  I became enamored with the look of the RE, and having done my own auto maintenance for over 40 years, am not intimidated by the prospect of "becoming one with my bike."  I am looking forward to bringing home my Electra X in the near future and as soon as the weather in north east Pennsylvania allows, I'll be out enjoying my new RE.
Brian
2006 Electra-X
1994 Goldwing

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 09:18:16 pm
Tanker,
Welcome aboard and if I do say so myself you have the right attitude to be a successful owner.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

TRider

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 10:13:24 pm
Hey Tanker,
Welcome to the forum.  I like you man.  Thanks for being so honest.  So many come on MC forums as posers, embarrassed to admit they are newbies.  You will be  AOK friend.  If your bike looks like the one on this post, then you surely have a beautiful ride.  The thing is though Tanker, you would be hard put to find an ugly Enfield.
Good luck!
Terry

PS:  Get ready for some attention with your new attention attractor.  You will be quite supprised I bet.

tanker

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 12:36:40 am
Thanks for the welcome.  I agree with your comment about it being tough to find an ugly Enfield.  I was very torn between the slightly more modern Electra and the traditional Classic.  I decided on the Electra because of the fact that I am new to motorcyling as well as RE's.  I think after I get acclimated, my next bike will be a Military with sidecar.  With 25 years military service (hence the "tanker" knickname) I really think that would be a neat ride. 
Brian
2006 Electra-X
1994 Goldwing

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 01:37:19 pm
Welcome Tanker!

Keep us posted on your progress and throw up some pictures when you get your ride.

Matt

indian48

• Bulleteer
Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 01:57:05 pm
I notice that CMW offers a conversion kit for the Electra that has the chrome fuel tank and  chome front fenders for the classic look,,as they term it. That would be exactly how my new 500 bought in India looks like as purchased, and here I am thinking that it would look a lot better as sold in the US - with a black fuel tank and black front fender to match the rear one. Just another example of the grass always being greener on the other side??!!
If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing well

indian48

• Bulleteer
Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 12:41:27 am

These photos really reinforce my thinking that REs are really ideally suited to being owned and ridden by gilrs.  In fact, when showing it off in the weekend, a friend said "hey - it's a girls bike".

And to think that here the bike is advertized on the lines - It takes a man to ride the Bullet- !!!
I think it comes from the maintenance, as well as the reputation it had/has for kicking back when starting it,,,,
If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing well