Author Topic: Can anyone advise what the correct decal/sticker/badge was............  (Read 10874 times)

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
..................... on the side of the tool boxes of 1955 - 59 era Bullets?

One mate said he thought they had decals. Another says he thought they had the raised type badges (rather like the ones available in brass these days from India).
Any help greatfully received!!!
Cheers, Chris
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin

dave48

• Scooter
Enlarging the catalogue snaps on H'cocks' site looks as if varied from 350/500 and year/year! Most LOOK like (small) decals to me, a couple seem to catch the light as if in relief.

Actually....I think that what appeared at first sight to be raised badges are in fact the toggle type fasteners mounted in the centre of the lids!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 07:51:51 pm by dave48 »

rotorwrench

• Bulleteer
Royal enfield changed the frame and tool box to a different style in 1956. The 1955 model, which has been manufactured in India, with little change since that time, still has the triangular shaped tool boxes. These are the only types of tool boxes that I have ever seen decals on. Royal Enfield varied them by year and so did the ones made in India. The 1956 and later tool box lids were in fact held on by the one winged thumb screw in the middle.