Author Topic: What's taking so long???  (Read 7422 times)

joythumper

• Scooter
on: July 31, 2009, 02:18:21 pm
I put my down payment on my new C5 on June 20th. The dealer in Austin told me it would be 2-3 weeks. We talked to him last Friday and he said it still hadn't cleared customs yet and he had no idea when it would be here. Can anyone tell me how much longer I will have to wait? I have been really excited about getting the bike, but am getting very frustrated.

csbdr

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 03:14:44 pm
Be patient....june 20th was about the time the first shipment was finally getting to dealers.  I'm not even sure your bike, if it was on the second shipment, had even left India yet. REALLY optimistic (and inaccurate...) estimate on your dealer's part.  It took a Looooong time for me to get my bike, but the wait was worth it. If I remember right, once it cleared customs it was still 3 weeks to my hands, what with shipping to MN, then back out to my dealer, then prep, etc. It's worth the wait.

Now,  if only it would stop RAINING where I live....

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 10:37:06 pm
It'll be worth the wait, you'll see. I put the deposit down on mine on April 6th, I got to pick it up on June 24th, it was a long 78 days!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 12:24:55 am by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 11:40:12 pm
I went up to Ft. Worth last Monday and stopped by my dealer and long time ridding buddy. There, in his shop just set up, was a beautiful red C5. After I wiped off my drool I started the engine. Oooh was it ever nice. Just the slightest sound of tappets. Alas it was raining that day and I couldn't take it around the block. Just as well I wanted to live and my wife was with me.  ::)

joythumper

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 01:48:57 pm
Wow 78 days huh? I am not a very patient person by nature. I do believe it will be worth the wait. So here I wait. Thank you for your answers. I just needed a realistic time frame. Hope the rain lets up at least enough to ride for ya. :) 

Lmundy

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 04:40:12 pm
I asked my dealer when my C5 might get here (I was told it was on the "next boat" because I waited too long to order) and was told that the boat died, and had to go back to port to be fixed, so there was a slight delay in shipment for what I assume is the next boatload (or one of the next boatloads).  I get the impression that the boat is now fixed and headed this way.  We'll see whether it gets past the Somali pirates!  The idea of my C5 being hot-rodded around Mogadishu by some 14-year-old with a machine gun just makes me upset, so forget I mentioned it . . .

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 07:14:58 am
We'll see whether it gets past the Somali pirates!  The idea of my C5 being hot-rodded around Mogadishu by some 14-year-old with a machine gun just makes me upset, so forget I mentioned it . . .
You can take comfort knowing your C5 will be loved and easily maintained for years to come. ;)
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 11:51:17 am
I asked my dealer when my C5 might get here (I was told it was on the "next boat" because I waited too long to order) and was told that the boat died, and had to go back to port to be fixed, so there was a slight delay in shipment for what I assume is the next boatload (or one of the next boatloads).  I get the impression that the boat is now fixed and headed this way.  We'll see whether it gets past the Somali pirates!  The idea of my C5 being hot-rodded around Mogadishu by some 14-year-old with a machine gun just makes me upset, so forget I mentioned it . . .

Thats some funny stuff,,  welcome to the board... ;)
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 12:45:40 am
I worried about the pirates a little while waiting on my bike, The kind of luck I have.........
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Lmundy

• Scooter
Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 10:59:53 pm
Here I was worried about pirates.  Just read a news flash that there was a magnitude 7.6 earthquake just occurred in the Indian Ocean east of Chennai, and that India is under a tsunami watch for the next few hours.  Tiruvottiyur, which is the part of Chennai where Enfield is located, appears to be very near the coast north of the city center and was very badly hit in 2004 by a tsunami.  My best to all the people there who make these wonderful bikes . . . and I sure hope my new C5 is already somewhere past Indonesia on its way here.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 11:19:30 pm
I hope your bike is well out of the danger area.
Iron Butt Association

Keith Cousins

• Scooter
Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 04:40:30 pm
Joythumper

I think 2 - 3 weeks delivery time  should translate as 2 - 3 months in Royal Enfield time.
In the UK I ordered my C5 in February and took delivery in May.Shortly followed by a four week recall to fix the gear box problem .
All I can say its worth the wait - I don't know what the weathers like in your neck of the woods but over this side of the pond we are playing dodge the rain most days.

REgards

Keith - Shiny side up and keep between the hedges
Keith

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 02:28:28 am
Here I was worried about pirates.  Just read a news flash that there was a magnitude 7.6 earthquake just occurred in the Indian Ocean east of Chennai, and that India is under a tsunami watch for the next few hours.  Tiruvottiyur, which is the part of Chennai where Enfield is located, appears to be very near the coast north of the city center and was very badly hit in 2004 by a tsunami.  My best to all the people there who make these wonderful bikes . . . and I sure hope my new C5 is already somewhere past Indonesia on its way here.

Amen to that.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

exiledcarper

• Bulleteer
Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 04:30:36 am
Joythumper

I think 2 - 3 weeks delivery time  should translate as 2 - 3 months in Royal Enfield time.
In the UK I ordered my C5 in February and took delivery in May.Shortly followed by a four week recall to fix the gear box problem .
All I can say its worth the wait - I don't know what the weathers like in your neck of the woods but over this side of the pond we are playing dodge the rain most days.

REgards

Keith - Shiny side up and keep between the hedges

I feel for you mate.  I was back in the U.K. for three weeks this time last year and near froze me arse off!  Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose, in my best schoolboy French. 
  Soon be feeling that bit of a nip in the air too.  To think that I find myself moaning about the heat from time to time.

Keith Cousins

• Scooter
Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 10:14:06 am
Dear Exiled Carper

Weather man says its not raining today - so going up the coast to Bridlington,Scarborough & Whitby ( Fish & Chip Stop) & back home via the North Yorkshire Moors - More fun than you can shake a stick at !.

Must admit the rain gives us some  fantistic countryside.

REgards

Keith
Keith