Author Topic: New G-5 owner!  (Read 4736 times)

newtotexas

• Scooter
on: July 22, 2009, 03:53:14 am
Hi there everyone,

Bought my g-5 about three weeks ago and can't wait to get it. Yes, the recall stuff is a pain, but my complaint is with my dealer's lack of communication, not with the manufacturer rectifying the problem.

I'm in the Texas hill country and every rise and bend in through road is making me more and more anxious to get the bike and go ride! Anyway, thought I'd drop in and say hello and let you all know there may be questions coming, as this is my first motorcycle.

I'm supposed to get the bike back in a day or two; last I heard from the dealer is that the recall work is finished and they are sorting out an exhaust leak that happened when they broke the bike down. If you don't see another post from me for a while, that means I got the bike and I'm out riding! :)

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 03:57:15 am
Br. Tex, I welcome you to the forum and wish you many, many, many miles filled with many, many, many smiles!!!   :) :) :)
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 12:01:56 pm
Hey NTT,

What part of the hill country you in? I'm in New Braunfels. Who's your dealer?

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 12:08:34 pm
Welcome, I can't wait to hear your  G5 reports, you will really enjoy that new bike!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

newtotexas

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 08:20:51 pm
I'm on Lake Travis. My dealer is Napalm Motorsports. They were great until I signed the paperwork, but haven't kept me up to date at all since then. I'm really glad I found this forum so I at least know whats going on. Can't wait to get my hands on the bike!  :D

newtotexas

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 12:29:56 am
Funny the way things work out. Almost as soon as I finished typing my last post, the dealer called. Picked up the bike and just got finished putting about 50 miles on it. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun. You guys were right! What recall? ;D

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 12:44:15 am
Congratulations! your life just got better ;D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

DaBulletMan

• Scooter
  • Old School Is the Best School
Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 01:37:54 am
Wait til she breaks in... Like Nothing Else on this planet.... Excellent Bike and Congratulations on your 1st being a G-5... Expect lots of attention!!!
Gotta Go New Old School or Don't Go... :{)>

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 02:40:14 am
I'm on Lake Travis. My dealer is Napalm Motorsports. They were great until I signed the paperwork, but haven't kept me up to date at all since then. I'm really glad I found this forum so I at least know whats going on. Can't wait to get my hands on the bike!  :D

Good, I'm glad you got. I heard Napalm was a pretty good dealer.
We've got some pretty good twisties down here around Canyon Lake. If you get this was give me a shout.

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 04:32:39 am
The RE mechanic at Napalm is particularily good
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

newtotexas

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 09:31:25 pm
I think my frustration clouded my perception of their level of service. All in all, its been a good experience, and I am more than satisfied with the end result! ;D

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 10:07:08 pm
We didn't always help as it took a while to get everyone all of the parts they needed, but that is behind us.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com