Author Topic: Another One Bites The Dust!  (Read 15438 times)

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #30 on: June 27, 2009, 07:49:22 pm
 Obviousley I nor any one else has a time machine to go back in time and experience  motorcycling in the era of rockers and ton up boys.
  The closest we can get to living that experience is right now. RE discovering all things Bullet learned and lost over the last fifty years. 

My take is the UCE riders are at the tip of the new cusp much like the early first generation Bullet riders were.  Gaining experience with new things UCE. A REnaissance if you will.

When others come along in the future with UCE related questions it will be you who post the replies to their posts.

For you lucky few, these truly are the good old days.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Marrtyn

• Bulleteer
Reply #31 on: July 01, 2009, 03:53:19 pm
Well it is now June 26th. Its now 16 days since the recall (as far as I'm concerned)
I haven't heared a thing from anybody, apart from 2 occasions since I made a couple of calls. Every day I look to see if my postman delivers this letter that we are expecting to receive.
Now I know that a lot of people are saying you must be patient and that these things take time, but you know, how long do you have to wait, how long will your patience last.
I think this is the trouble with us Brits., we don't jump the line, we generally don't make a fuss, -- this stiff upper lip thing,--  is it really doing us any good. Ah well sorry about the moan (one thing we(me) are good at ),-back to watching the letterbox.

JamesC5, you must be really pulling your hair out by now, its not as though they have to transport your bike, as I understand, they have it!

Yippee, Have finally received my letters from WS regarding to getting "cracking" with my gearbox. Have now just got to wait for my dealer to collect, and WS to ship and put right, and return --and I could be back on the road.
How long is all of this going to take? Groan!!! Still must keep positive.Therefore not long.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #32 on: July 01, 2009, 10:34:15 pm
Marrtyn, thats Great! I'm happy for you and I can't wait to start reading your posts on how good that bike is  ;D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: July 02, 2009, 12:04:55 am
Br. Marrtyn, I'm delighted to see that you're turning the corner on this matter... congratulations!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

Marrtyn

• Bulleteer
Reply #34 on: July 04, 2009, 09:46:49 am
Thanks for your kind thoughts, Cabo and r80rt, my bike was collected on friday by the dealer, after a certain ammount of badgering.
 :-\ How long it will  sit there -who knows.??

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: July 04, 2009, 12:55:00 pm
Hang in there Marrtyn, good things come to those who wait. I remember how bad it was waiting for three months to get the magneto rebuilt for my old '40 BSA, then weeks for a gear box from Holland, more weeks for a Speedometer from Scotland and a clutch from England. But when I had it together I completely forgot about the time it took and enjoyed my reward. I've owned a lot of bikes and the grin factor on the C5 is off the scale! I waited 52 years for this bike, it's worth the wait.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 05:12:27 pm by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Marrtyn

• Bulleteer
Reply #36 on: July 24, 2009, 09:33:13 am
Just on my way to pick up my bike after the recall; after a total of 5 weeks, laid up!
I must say after reading other postings regarding the condition of the bikes, after the work has been done, is leaving me a mite worried.
Will report after a good look/see.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: July 24, 2009, 12:12:42 pm
I'm betting it will be fine. can't wait to get some ride reports from you.
Iron Butt Association

Marrtyn

• Bulleteer
Reply #38 on: July 26, 2009, 12:40:25 pm
THE BOYS DONE GOOD
Picked up the bike from my dealer, and found it OK. No scratches/scuffs/chips, just a slight covering of workshop dust. A good hour with a duster and a little polish on the bright work and it is back to normal.
I have not riden it far as yet (due to family commitments) but initial findings is that it is OK, and strangely sounds much quieter on tick over,- engine itself, not exhaust note,- than it was before it went in. So all in all very pleased. Thank you Watsonians.
Will report further after run in a few more miles

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #39 on: July 26, 2009, 01:47:26 pm
Glad to hear it! Now put some miles on that baby. ;D
Iron Butt Association