Author Topic: Got my G5 back  (Read 3070 times)

Teebo

• Scooter
on: July 19, 2009, 04:37:14 am
Got my G5 back from Re-call today, took it for a nice long ride and all is well. I actually think it shifts smoother then it did before too.
Anyways, thanks Vince  :)
REA # 118
2009 Bullet G5 Deluxe EFI
2007 HD Softail Deluxe
Olympia WA

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 07:27:45 am
Cool!  I was just at Vince's place today as well.  My brother Sean picked up his brand new black G5 Deluxe.  Once we got it home, he was kind (or foolish?  :P ) enough to let me have a little test ride.  These are nice bikes!  The suspension and handling feel great and the motor is sweet.  The exhaust note is very similar to that of my '06 iron barreled Deluxe.  If I was getting a new bike, I wouldn't think twice about getting one of these (or the C5).  I think Enfield hit a home run with these.

Eamon
Eamon

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 12:59:42 pm
I'm glad to hear you got your G5 back! You will have a blast on that bike.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 01:03:13 pm
Cool!  I was just at Vince's place today as well.  My brother Sean picked up his brand new black G5 Deluxe.  Once we got it home, he was kind (or foolish?  :P ) enough to let me have a little test ride.  These are nice bikes!  The suspension and handling feel great and the motor is sweet.  The exhaust note is very similar to that of my '06 iron barreled Deluxe.  If I was getting a new bike, I wouldn't think twice about getting one of these (or the C5).  I think Enfield hit a home run with these.

Eamon
Eamon, congratulations on getting a fine bike to your brother, and you are right about the home run too. :D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 03:16:42 pm
This is a good news thread, all around!
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 04:43:44 pm
     Teebo's was thew first on we upgraded. I'm not surprised It shifts better. The gear design was really improved. I appreciate the feedback.
     Eamon, I have to say Sean is a saint. I NEVER let anyone ride my bike. I tell people they have a better chance to borrow my wife. She can defend herself. The bike can't. On my site I have a column: DR. Spoke Speaks About Loaning Bikes. Every one of those incidents is true.

Marrtyn

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 04:48:40 pm
Congratulations, (Feels like welcoming a new baby into the family)
Hope my bike wont be long now.

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 05:48:55 pm
   Eamon, I have to say Sean is a saint. I NEVER let anyone ride my bike. I tell people they have a better chance to borrow my wife. She can defend herself. The bike can't. On my site I have a column: DR. Spoke Speaks About Loaning Bikes. Every one of those incidents is true.

I hear you, and I feel the same way about letting anybody ride my bike!  I guess he knows I'd pay for anything I broke and have insurance as well.  He offered and I couldn't say no to having a short spin!  He's also my older brother, so he's technically still allowed to beat me up if I break any of his stuff!

Eamon
Eamon